Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 01:22 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

DC is an elite city like NYC. Average guys in looks, income and education will have a hard time finding dates, while women of average looks, income and education who can find dates, have sex and repeat will have a hard time finding a stable relationship that leads into marriage. I have been to DC as a grown man, and easy to meet women, I'm not sure as relationship but I can feel that is is on par with NYC. If you're an average guy in DC, you might have to step up your game with income and education. Plenty of women move to DC for thier careers and want an equally matched man. As for women in having a tough time? An esteemed man knows his worth and lot in life. Even though you as a woman wants to settle with him because of his job, ivy league educated and so on, it does not mean he wants to settle with you. If anything date and get a few nights of Sex out of you. In places like DC and NYC, top guys want to settle with top women, not with a woman who is trying to work here way up. If I was a woman, and ambitious and wanted to marry, I would consider moving down south, or southwest. As for northeast men. I see northeast men settling with women older than them, women who already have families and so forth. These women should be thankful and lucky that they found husband's after screwing up a bit when younger. Lots of men up here don't take package lightly, compared to the Christian South.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
I live in San Diego which is known as Man Diego since men outnumber the women here and I rarely can even get a date.
You should be getting dates left and right if you are in an town that is heavily men.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You should be getting dates left and right if you are in an town that is heavily men.
That's not how it works, though. That's what they say about Seattle and San Jose, but plenty of presentable, reasonably attractive women go dateless in those places. People say the techie guys tend to have poor social skills, plus in Seattle people are very reserved, even the thirsty guys. IDK, but these simplistic expectations that women will be bombarded with attention just because the demographics are skewed in their favor do not pan out.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's not how it works, though. That's what they say about Seattle and San Jose, but plenty of presentable, reasonably attractive women go dateless in those places. People say the techie guys tend to have poor social skills, plus in Seattle people are very reserved, even the thirsty guys. IDK, but these simplistic expectations that women will be bombarded with attention just because the demographics are skewed in their favor do not pan out.
San Diego is not techie. It's more military out there and government contractors. I know a woman who moved to nyc and got tired of the dating and relationship scene here. She moved to San Diego in hopes of finding a husband. I'm not sure if she found anyone. Lots of single military men in San Diego. Seattle and Bay area are different from San Diego. Tech guys are a bit more reserved. Another thing is tech guys come from immigrant Asian countries. American women won't settle with an Indian, or Chinese guy on h1b visa working for Google or Microsoft?

Old 08-30-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
San Diego is not techie. It's more military out there and government contractors. I know a woman who moved to nyc and got tired of the dating and relationship scene here. She moved to San Diego in hopes of finding a husband. I'm not sure if she found anyone. Lots of single military men in San Diego. Seattle and Bay area are different from San Diego. Tech guys are a bit more reserved. Another thing is tech guys come from immigrant Asian countries. American women won't settle with an Indian, or Chinese guy on h1b visa working for Google or Microsoft?
Oh, I see what you're saying; she's in San Diego, a bit of a military town. OK.

There are plenty of American techies, too. I've even met some Russian techies working for Google! Not to mention the American-born south Asian guys; nothing wrong with those. But they have to actually talk to the women, socialize and chat with the women. From what I'm told, that doesn't happen. No one asks for a number, or to go out for coffee or pizza, or anything. Of course, those workplaces have tables full of food all day, so there's no need to go out. That doesn't really help, dating-wise.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 08-30-2016 at 09:16 PM..

Old 08-31-2016, 05:14 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
For guys increasing the odds of dating a really hot women out in the west: North county San Diego, Santa Monica, Salt Lake City, Boise, Sac and Idaho Falls. Honorable mentions: Billing, Mont. and Portland, Ore

For Women looking for hot men out in the west: San Diego, Salt Lake City, Helena, Mont., Boise and Denver

Old 08-31-2016, 05:43 PM

I doubt there's going to be any sudden rush of men or women to Salt Lake City or Montana. San Diego--maybe.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:58 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
For guys increasing the odds of dating a really hot women out in the west: North county San Diego, Santa Monica, Salt Lake City, Boise, Sac and Idaho Falls. Honorable mentions: Billing, Mont. and Portland, Ore

For Women looking for hot men out in the west: San Diego, Salt Lake City, Helena, Mont., Boise and Denver
Boise? Most of my friends went to Boise after graduation. Those who didn't graduate college with an S.O. are still single 20 years later.

I have a friend in his late 20's who struggled to date here in Portland. He was transferred to Seattle last summer and said it was worse - that the "Seattle Freeze" is definitely real; he was having a hard time even making friends. Now he's in Connecticut and having much better luck, though he said the women there are much more conservative/move slower.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:13 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Boise? Most of my friends went to Boise after graduation. Those who didn't graduate college with an S.O. are still single 20 years later.

I have a friend in his late 20's who struggled to date here in Portland. He was transferred to Seattle last summer and said it was worse - that the "Seattle Freeze" is definitely real; he was having a hard time even making friends. Now he's in Connecticut and having much better luck, though he said the women there are much more conservative/move slower.
I'm in the Atlanta area and I am still single at age 30. I'm wondering if dating in general is just getting bad everywhere.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Go to Buffalo, Syracuse, and Philly for women and go to Seattle, San Jose, Salt Lake City, and San Diego for men, simple as that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships