Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 05:27 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
I think one of our regular CD-R posters has addressed this in his OPs, something like walking toward the guy then pretending you dropped something, so that you're bowing with face at his crotch level? Was that it? Or pretending to fall forward in the clothes rack so that you have the opportunity to "stop yourself" by reaching out to his crotch area? One may have said it's obvious a girls should know all about his dating intentions if she stares at him at the gym for an inappropriately long time with a great big grin on her face while talking to another man?

I like the bedazzler idea, a white tube top is always good,wink wink, but how about a strapless romper made out of buffalo wings? Food for thought

I like how you think! I have obviously just not been doing what I should be doing to attract the men... shame on me!

You know, there is always the bra that squirts beer idea. Or is that item age restricted to women under 30? I cant remember.

Last edited by mlj1225; 07-14-2016 at 05:50 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 05:44 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I've never seen any part of the country that has this supposed lopsized, mass amount of women starving for men to talk to but just can't find them lol. If I wasn't well traveled, I wouldn't make that comment, but I've seen a lot. It's like we're talking about a post World War II Germany where half of the men were killed in battle or something. The entire west coast for the most part is considered a dating haven for women.
You keep missing the point, and I'm not going to explain it to you again. In those posts, we're not talking about parts of the country where women vastly predominate Please read carefully for comprehension, rather than just bashing and repeating the same misguided criticism of comments you apparently don't understand.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:12 PM

273 posts, read 209,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
For OLD I've been having a significantly more than 50% response rate the last few times, more like 75%, its all about being very selective, having a good profile, and writing a good first message. That's why I think dudes don't have to go out to singles events, or go to places to just meet women anymore (ala cruising the strip or whatever), its all right there on your phone and you know they're single, or at least somewhat available.
I've tried OLD on-and-off for years, but I really only put in major effort in the 2011-2012 timeframe.

I had multiple friends (both men and women) critique my profile. I even had a few create profiles for me. I had them compose messages. I used many different pictures (including professional ones). I read a ton about it and even hired a dating coach that I knew was successful online to help me out.

All failed, for the most part.

I found that entire experience more frustrating and less successful than a simple night out at the bar (when I was into that sort of thing).

Maybe if I would have stuck with it, I would have succeeded in the end. Who knows?

I wasn't picky at all back then, but things have changed these days. I'm extremely picky. So I'm sure I would have a limited dating pool online. Combine that with the noted height preferences that most women express in their OLD profiles and I just don't see it working out for me.

Old 07-14-2016, 08:30 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I like how you think!...You know, there is always the bra that squirts beer idea. Or is that item age restricted to women under 30? I cant remember.
Was I thinking? Sorry, there goes my sexual market value! I'm trying out your beer-tation bra idea, but they just keep getting suirted in the eyes before the barrage of pickups and offers roll in! Gonna have to raise my skirt and raise my points

Old 07-14-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Was I thinking? Sorry, there goes my sexual market value! I'm trying out your beer-tation bra idea, but they just keep getting suirted in the eyes before the barrage of pickups and offers roll in! Gonna have to raise my skirt and raise my points
Best just to take your clothes off to make yourself "approachable". It's the only way they'll know for sure that you're interested. Otherwise, they may think you're only being friendly, and will stay in their corner.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:19 PM

273 posts, read 209,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Best just to take your clothes off to make yourself "approachable". It's the only way they'll know for sure that you're interested. Otherwise, they may think you're only being friendly, and will stay in their corner.

To be fair, there are a lot of men out there that get crapped on for assuming interest when a woman is just being friendly.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post
To be fair, there are a lot of men out there that get crapped on for assuming interest when a woman is just being friendly.
Right, that's why I said that. I thought the general context here was singles events and bars/clubs, where any gesture would be pretty clearly interpreted as more than friendly. Context is everything, but maybe that wasn't so clear.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:55 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post
Do women go to singles events, knowing what the meaning of a singles event is, act friendly to a guy, and then "crap on him"?

I don't understand why this site attracts so many men who have such a high ratio of encounters and experiences with mean and crazy women...I never witness or make these things happen, If I was nice to someone in a bar having a conversation with them and they mistakenly thought I was acting interested in something else, I would politely decline, or redirect the conversation so they weren't embarrassed.

There is this whole population of mean crazy women out there that I just cannot relate too. I don't understand what their motivation would be?

Can you give an example of what you interpret as being "crapped on"?

Old 07-14-2016, 10:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
I think one of our regular CD-R posters has addressed this in his OPs, something like walking toward the guy then pretending you dropped something, so that you're bowing with face at his crotch level? Was that it? Or pretending to fall forward in the clothes rack so that you have the opportunity to "stop yourself" by reaching out to his crotch area? One may have said it's obvious a girls should know all about his dating intentions if she stares at him at the gym for an inappropriately long time with a great big grin on her face while talking to another man?

I like the bedazzler idea, a white tube top is always good,wink wink, but how about a strapless romper made out of buffalo wings? Food for thought
"By reaching out to his crotch area." A good way for me to slap her hand away not every man likes that (me being one) especially if I don't know you. Do many women do this because iit's not a turn on.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Do women go to singles events, knowing what the meaning of a singles event is, act friendly to a guy, and then "crap on him"?

I don't understand why this site attracts so many men who have such a high ratio of encounters and experiences with mean and crazy women...I never witness or make these things happen, If I was nice to someone in a bar having a conversation with them and they mistakenly thought I was acting interested in something else, I would politely decline, or redirect the conversation so they weren't embarrassed.

There is this whole population of mean crazy women out there that I just cannot relate too. I don't understand what their motivation would be?

Can you give an example of what you interpret as being "crapped on"?
A lot of women are mean nowadays and men don't approach much. Gee I wonder why? Probably because a lot of women are nasty towards them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships