Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 07:16 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I see it to, but you know, so many of the dudes on here think I live in a fantasy land when I say there are non married professional single childless women all over the place. They think I'm lying. I have no idea where these people are living, but I'm glad I'm not there.

What I don't do is shake my head because there is nothing wrong with it, and plenty of them don't want to get married and never wanted to have children either. It's perfectly fine.

Being a fairly well educated (masters) professional guy in my 40s its a great place to date.

I'm not there yet. I hope not to be 40 and single and enjoying the single life and trying to be like Derek Jeter or George Clooney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So true. I think a lot of those guys are in the mid-west and the South. It's like a different country.
If I was a woman, I would possibly move to the Midwest for a husband. Denver had the most eligible men to marry and not San Francisco or NYC.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:22 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I had a time where a lot of women I tried to approach were already taken or married. It frustrated me to the point where I thought every woman was taken because I couldn't find one who was single. So I quit asking and approaching because I knew what the answer was when I talked to a woman. That lasted about 6-7 months. It was a struggle.
Exactly why I just have focused on online dating in the last few years, you can at least filter the single and childless. It's just so hard to encounter single women in normal socializing (work, friends, hobbies, etc.), and singles Meetups are full of weirdos and women way past first marriage territory.

Unfortunately, I'm way too ugly / not good enough / whatever for online dating either. I guess I'm just doing nothing at the moment like you're talking about. They say you meet people when you're not looking. We'll see how that works out... LOL!

Old 07-22-2016, 01:07 AM

290 posts, read 214,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Exactly why I just have focused on online dating in the last few years, you can at least filter the single and childless. It's just so hard to encounter single women in normal socializing (work, friends, hobbies, etc.), and singles Meetups are full of weirdos and women way past first marriage territory.

Unfortunately, I'm way too ugly / not good enough / whatever for online dating either. I guess I'm just doing nothing at the moment like you're talking about. They say you meet people when you're not looking. We'll see how that works out... LOL!
meeting people when you arent looking MAY work for a lot of women...but that doesnt work for most guys.

if you wait around as a guy...then you will more than likely will be single forever

Old 07-22-2016, 02:23 AM

511 posts, read 402,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
if you wait around as a guy...then you will more than likely will be single forever
Pretty much where I'm at anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 07-22-2016, 06:00 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
meeting people when you arent looking MAY work for a lot of women...but that doesnt work for most guys.

With rare exceptions (lightning in a bottle), 100% agree with this.

Old 07-22-2016, 06:27 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
Quote:

I would say it may work for some women, but not a lot. Things don't just fall into ones lap in life whether that thing is a good job, friends, or a lover. I think this is true for most people. You have to put effort into things.

I never found anyone when I wasn't actively looking. Although for reasons only known to lawmakers like "Murphy" and his lot, I always seem to have guys interested in me when I'm not looking because I'm in a relationship, lol. It's like when people are single, they have a weird funk that scares everyone away.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:49 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
They say you meet people when you're not looking. We'll see how that works out... LOL!
Granted, there's only a small handful of them, but that's how I met everyone I've ever dated - when I wasn't looking. LH and I were both actively preparing to move back to our respective home states when we met. Conversely, when I do look (OLD, speed dating, etc), I might as well be invisible as nothing ever comes of it. My 5+ years of being on and off OLD sites resulted in a total of two dates. Yep, two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Although for reasons only known to lawmakers like "Murphy" and his lot, I always seem to have guys interested in me when I'm not looking because I'm in a relationship, lol. It's like when people are single, they have a weird funk that scares everyone away.
I find that similar to the theory it's easier to find a job when you already have one. The glow/happiness from the relationship is much more attractive than the wariness vibe of being single.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
It can't be that many single women because the majority are not single.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:

That's why I don't get why a lot of women say wait and she'll come. Wrong! If you wait nothing will happen. Women aren't going to come up to you. So you have to do it yourself.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:45 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That doesn't make sense though since the Northeast has like the highest median age of first marriage.

But of course the ones that did marry young tend to get divorced in their 30s, it happens when people marry as children before they're both developed mentally and emotionally.
You are not the norm. The average age in the US for new moms is 25.2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships