Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 AM

10,207 posts, read 17,857,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
This is just common courtesy that I think ALL PEOPLE should have. Especially the waiting for the parking spot deal. I make it extra fast if someone is waiting.
See, the waiting for the parking spot thing annoys me because they usually wind up blocking other people who are trying to drive past them to look for spaces. If that person can't be considerate of people they are blocking, why should I be considerate of them?

I don't feel I'm an inconsiderate person, if I know someone is waiting, I won't dilly-dally or anything... but like I said, when I feel rushed, I feel panicked... and when I feel panicked, I'm more likely to make a mistake. Which, in a car, can be a very bad thing. If the person waiting for me is really that impatient, they're probably not worth rushing for anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman1981 View Post
I'm the one saying I love you too. While I do say that. There is "action" that goes behind that. If that is all your trippin off of then you really need an after school activity.

It's more to a relationship than being concerned about who says I love you first or not. While I believe that you should say it. It should not be a Red flag for people. Sometimes the most romantic things are things left unsaid. Example being date nights, the warm embrace from a significant other. The feelings that arouse when you look in each others eyes. The respect and admiration we have for each other. That is how I know you love me. Sorry I went a little too deep.
A little?!?!

Thought I was reading a romance novel there for a minute.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
I often say.... "I love you more"
I like that response.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:12 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
I think we're half and half on who says I love you in our relationship. I've usually been (and in the last 2 relationships) the one who said, "I love you, too," when it was said the first time.

I am definitely the one who hurries at the ATM, tips extra if we take longer at the restaurant (and reminds the table that the waiter needs to turn it over or that the place is closing), who always brings a gift to dinner at your house, puts the carts away at the store, parks within the lines (no pulling through), lets you into the lane when there's traffic (though usually only one car), and picks up my trash wherever I go (yes, even at the movie theater).

Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
For the most part, I'm the type that will live and let live.. I'll be all nice and courteous for the most part.. But, I'll be the first to stand up for what I believe is right.. I won't let people push me around, and if I want something, I usually get it because of hard work and dedication.

As for the "I love you's", I just don't say it. I don't expect people to say it to me.. It's cliche. It's said so much that it almost becomes meaningless. Instead, I show it. Actions always speak louder than words..

Ok, go ahead, yell at me for that.. but that's just the way I am.
I won't be yelling at you cause I think you are right on.

Many people just blurt it out without any thought to it. It has become a meaningless phrase.

When your SO is doing things for you and is not saying the "I love you." You should see his or her love by the things they are doing.

What kills me are the guys who are saying they love their SO and are screwing another woman on the side. A complete lie. That's disturbing.

What's the phrase? "Actions speak louder than words."

Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Oh, so YOU'RE the one holding up the line...jeez! You and that natalayjones character...let's go, pay for your stuff and keep the line moving ladies!!! Lol.
I have a knack for chosing items without price tags which then take ooohh about 10 minutes to look up - its a talent

Old 08-11-2009, 10:31 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,033,797 times
HAA, He said hurry up!!!..

Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 PM

59 posts, read 106,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
If I'm feeling the love in a relationship I have no problem with being the I love you person, but it should be something that is shared equally. If one person is ALWAYS the one who has to say I Love You while the other is always just responding, it's off balance. Not that you should be keeping score, but there should be a good balance between give and take.

As for being considerate, yes, I am one of those who will walk a little faster when crossing the street, knowing cars are waiting for me. I HATE when someone drags their feet at a crosswalk after I've stopped and waved them on. I hate the idiot at the supermarket who didn't bother to write out the check while the items were being rung up, no let's wait until the cashier is done, then they start writing. It's those little things that send a message to others "my time is more important than yours, so you can wait". They don't care if there are 20 people standing in line waiting, they're going to ask 10 dumb questions and want the executive treatment wherever they go.

Those folks at the ATM, I swear some of them are applying for a mortgage, what's taking so long?
I totally agree with Coolhand68! Right there with you...

Old 08-16-2009, 06:19 AM

152 posts, read 221,322 times
I prefer to say I love u 2

Old 08-16-2009, 10:38 AM

285 posts, read 927,218 times
I'm mostly the I love you too! Every now and then I make the 1st move...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships