U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 AM

11,387 posts, read 12,653,102 times

Advertisements

Most couples will say this sort of things when they are about to hang up on the phone or when they are leaving each other.

Do you think about it first alot more than your spouse? Are you the "I love you?" Or do you find yourself the "I love you too?"

In other words are you a person in the drive thru for the ATM and when you notice a car that pulls up behind you it makes you hurry up. Or are you a person who doesn't even notice that car waiting for you to finish your ATM transaction.

I am the one that is considerate of others. I will be telling the group I am with that we have to leave the resturant because they are closing and the staff all want to go home. Or the ATM I don't want anyone to get upset that I am taking too long so I will speed up a bit for the other person.

How bout you? What type of person are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,772,218 times
I never thought about it...But I sometimes my wife rants about something and I'll speed up saying I got to go and "I love you"

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM

76 posts, read 167,249 times
I'm the ILY you type but half the time hear it before I say it.

If it seems like the only time you hear the L word is after you say it first or you find that "you think about it first alot more than your spouse" then I'd have some questions.

Nobody should ever feal forced or obligated to use those words in a healthy relationship. It should just happen.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:55 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,465 posts, read 6,058,094 times
What I do at the ATM has in my opinion absolutely nothing to do with my relationship and my wife....

Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 AM

9,371 posts, read 17,485,715 times
If I'm feeling the love in a relationship I have no problem with being the I love you person, but it should be something that is shared equally. If one person is ALWAYS the one who has to say I Love You while the other is always just responding, it's off balance. Not that you should be keeping score, but there should be a good balance between give and take.

As for being considerate, yes, I am one of those who will walk a little faster when crossing the street, knowing cars are waiting for me. I HATE when someone drags their feet at a crosswalk after I've stopped and waved them on. I hate the idiot at the supermarket who didn't bother to write out the check while the items were being rung up, no let's wait until the cashier is done, then they start writing. It's those little things that send a message to others "my time is more important than yours, so you can wait". They don't care if there are 20 people standing in line waiting, they're going to ask 10 dumb questions and want the executive treatment wherever they go.

Those folks at the ATM, I swear some of them are applying for a mortgage, what's taking so long?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 AM

8,216 posts, read 12,800,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Do you think about it first alot more than your spouse? Are you the "I love you?" Or do you find yourself the "I love you too?"

In other words are you a person in the drive thru for the ATM and when you notice a car that pulls up behind you it makes you hurry up. Or are you a person who doesn't even notice that car waiting for you to finish your ATM transaction.
I'm not really sure how these two things are related. I don't think saying "I love you too" makes one inconsiderate or that the opposite makes on considerate.

I usually say "I love you" first to my husband but it's not like he never says it first.

I will usually notice if someone comes up behind me in a line but I'm not going to really rush for their sake. I used to do that but I don't like feeling rushed, it's similar to a panic feeling and I've realized it's not worth it, they can wait, it's not a big deal.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM

435 posts, read 1,048,078 times
Oh man, I never say I love you. I cant. I normally mumble 'me too'. Sorry guys you can judge me. But I have never been a lovey dovey person. If only my father could get that, everyone else does, he always closes the conversation with an I love you my boy, I love you so much.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:47 AM

12,256 posts, read 15,787,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Most couples will say this sort of things when they are about to hang up on the phone or when they are leaving each other.

I am the one that is considerate of others. I will be telling the group I am with that we have to leave the resturant because they are closing and the staff all want to go home. Or the ATM I don't want anyone to get upset that I am taking too long so I will speed up a bit for the other person.

How bout you? What type of person are you?
It depends on the mood I'm in and the situation.

Are you the "I love you?" Or do you find yourself the "I love you too?" Typically this is only said on the phone or when one of us is leaving and usually the one who has to go says it first.

In other words are you a person in the drive thru for the ATM and when you notice a car that pulls up behind you it makes you hurry up. Or are you a person who doesn't even notice that car waiting for you to finish your ATM transaction. I never take a long time at the ATM machine because I'm super paranoid about being mugged (especially since I moved up north )

I am the one that is considerate of others. It depends; if I'm in the line at the store and there's someone behind me with one or two things - I let them go ahead. I try to have my check already made out by the time the cashier is done so all I have to do is write in the amount. I try to keep my son from touching people and being in the way. But if someone tries to rush me then I do a complete 180 and take my time and yours - I know it's a bitchy thing to do but I hate when people expect me to move faster because they're running late.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,866,059 times
I try to be considerate - both in serious relationships and in every day life. Although I'm sure there are times I took too long going through the ATM, or in line at the grocery store, etc.

When I love someone I have no problem being the one to say "I love you". I like saying it. Although like others said, there should be a balance.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:36 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,485,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Although I'm sure there are times I took too long going through the ATM, or in line at the grocery store, etc.
Oh, so YOU'RE the one holding up the line...jeez! You and that natalayjones character...let's go, pay for your stuff and keep the line moving ladies!!! Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or