Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:14 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

I have two very different friends who have the same problem, kinda.

One of my girlfriends is rather well endowed in the chest area and is thinking about getting a breast lift to make them perkier again. She was not a fan of bras in her younger years and, now at 30, the gravity gods have taken hold and she is worried that guys will be turned off. She wears bras that support her well now so you would never tell that she has this problem...but when the clothes come off...there it is (so she says).

I also have a friend who is teeny tiny. She is basically flat chested. She is considering plastic surgery to get implants. She wears bras with padding and support to enhance the little that she does have, but worries that when a guy sees what she really (doesn't) have, he might...I don't know...be surprised.

I think everyone here is very aware that some men have certain expectations and standards (not matter how ridiculous) for the physical being of a woman. Women have gone to extreme measures to try to make ourselves meet those standards, but is it necessary?

When it comes right down to it, should these two women be as worried as they are - so much as to go under the knife? I'm more interested in the opinions of the men on these situations, but ladies, feel free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 11:27 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
If they go under the knife for these procedures it should be because they want them or need them to feel better about themselves.

As soon as they quit worrying about what others think, they'll be much happier in life in the long run.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Isnt it obvious. If these women are going to be content with a relationship based on something as shallow as the size of their knockers, then go for it. If they care enough about themselves to choose a partner that looks beyond physical attributes and will love them for who thay are then dont have the surgery.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
If they go under the knife for these procedures it should be because they want them or need them to feel better about themselves.

As soon as they quit worrying about what others think, they'll be much happier in life in the long run.
I agree.

There is someone for everyone. Each guy has his own preferences. Some guys like them big, some small, but I think most don't really care. It's not a deal-breaker for the majority. There are a lot of guys who also aren't too crazy about the implants, so while your friend who is on the small side may attract more men with the implants, some of those those booby-lovers may be kind of put off by the implants. So her strategy can go either way. Honestly, she should find a way to be happy with herself and not worry about customizing her body parts to attract a man.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 AM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times
Well, I'm female, but I think most men don't really care that much about a few flaws. The first woman, unless her boobs are dragging on the floor I don't think it'd be a huge deal. And, some men actually prefer smaller breasts, your other friend just needs to find a man that likes smaller sizes.

Most men realize women don't look perfect like in magazines, even the models don't naturally look that good. Also, men are often to busy worrying about what women think of their bodies/looks etc., to notice all those imperfections that women tend to dwell on.

So, in short, I don't think surgery is necessary. However, if a woman wants plastic surgery and she can pay for it herself, I see nothing ethically wrong with that. We all strive to improve ourselves, both mentally and physically.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
but i think the OP is asking wether men feel it is false advertising if when the woman takes her clothes off they see something other than what they might have immagined when looking at them with clothes on. i find this question interesting and would love to hear what men really think.

i always think of that old show Fresh Prince. there was an episode where he got a new girlfreind, and something happened and she started taking things off---eyelashes, wig, fingernails....she was nothing like what was "advertised"...

Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I have two very different friends who have the same problem, kinda.

One of my girlfriends is rather well endowed in the chest area and is thinking about getting a breast lift to make them perkier again. She was not a fan of bras in her younger years and, now at 30, the gravity gods have taken hold and she is worried that guys will be turned off. She wears bras that support her well now so you would never tell that she has this problem...but when the clothes come off...there it is (so she says).

I also have a friend who is teeny tiny. She is basically flat chested. She is considering plastic surgery to get implants. She wears bras with padding and support to enhance the little that she does have, but worries that when a guy sees what she really (doesn't) have, he might...I don't know...be surprised.

I think everyone here is very aware that some men have certain expectations and standards (not matter how ridiculous) for the physical being of a woman. Women have gone to extreme measures to try to make ourselves meet those standards, but is it necessary?

When it comes right down to it, should these two women be as worried as they are - so much as to go under the knife? I'm more interested in the opinions of the men on these situations, but ladies, feel free!

Hey if my man likes my little gals...then I love him more. Everyone has insecurities. Remind them they are human...but its their life they can do what suits them. But tell them the horror stories of what can happen if its done wrong. Lopsided boob..one is bigger....the body rejects it

Old 08-14-2009, 11:39 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times

I think it's only necessary if men were buff with a lucious head of hair, perfectly straight, white teeth, "no chicken-legs"......oh yeah....and "well endowed". Until that happens, women should be happy with who they are and what they were born with!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Ideally, a woman (or man) should elect to have cosmetic surgery if something on their body is really bothering them. I think some people have surgery for the wrong reasons and then are never happy and their self image isn't ever going to be what they want.
If your friend with big 30 yr old boobs wants them perky, then sure why not? if she is doing it cause she thinks she is getting a man then no, she is doing it for the wrong reason.
For your flat-chested friend, if she wants to feel more womanly and wants bigger boobs, yes, then that's a good reason.

When it comes down to it though, and in my own experience, men aren't as bad as you think when it comes to focusing on the perfect body, breasts, arse and everything else. I don't have a perfect body by any stretch and men have always been attracted in spite of that including my SO.
I myself am going to have cosmetic surgery for a tummy tuck - having big babies just can't always be fixed through diet and exercise!! I'm an advocate of cosmetic surgery if it's for the right reasons.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
I think they should just love themselves for who they are.

If the two of them are in a boating accident, the one can help them float and the other can swim faster. It will all work out in the end somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships