Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

I met this guy on friday while I was sitting at the bar at a restaurant with my friend. He was probably 10-15 years older. He wouldn't say his exact age. He was really nice, personable and seemed to know a little bit about everything though. One of his friends joined us and later told me that he thinks that guy (I'll call him 'renaissance man') liked me because he got jealous when his friend was talking to me - the friend was showing me a youtube video on his phone. Renaissance man said he's there several times a week and hopes to see us there again soon. We might go back this friday and maybe I'll see him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM

283 posts, read 508,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm very young (but very legal since I know someone is going to propose that question) and I've noticed this reoccurring pattern in which I find myself attracted to older men. When I push aside the weirdness of it all, I realized that all of these older men posses the personality and attributes that I want in a guy period - regardless of age. They just happen to be older. While I might find a guy closer to my age extremely hot, after I spent a little time around him, his looks don't compensate for the rest. It's not that I'm not interested in guys in my generation, it's just that they leave much to be desired.

Anyways, my question is... I've never hinted that I might be interested in any of these guys because I feel like they might scoff at my age or find it odd. Then again, another thought is that even if they were interested, they would automatically assume due to my age that I'd respond negatively to any flirtation so they don't do it.

On a side note, I have to say that all of these older men that I've met and become attracted to all had a healthy head of hair haha! If there is sporadic balding, any attraction whatsoever is officially killed.

You're conflicted, darling.

First you claim that you dig us older guys cuz we "posess the personality and attributes (you) want in a guy period."
But then you add the caveat that if he's balding a bit, you're not interested at all.

The first statement you made makes you sound mature and desirous of mature, refined company.

The second makes you sound immature and superficial, like a gum-popping teeny-bopper laying on her bed thumbing through her mommy's Cosmo while talking to her friend Heather about her totally cool new shoes.

Which are ya??

Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,606 times
[quote=jma501;27415498]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
don't get why women have to be like this, pisses me offUOTE]
Seems like everything about women pisses you off. You need to address your anger issues with women. could be what's holding you back. women can sense this almost immediately and it turns them off.
why does it matter to women if a man is resentful? most men could care less if a woman was resentful

Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM

4 posts, read 3,137 times
Don't worry! what's wrong with this.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
I've met a lot of women who are attracted to older men, since I'm older and stuff. Most tell me they grow weary of the "frat boy" mentality and want someone stable, mature and confident. to me attraction is attraction, I don't pay much attention to age, well they have to be legal.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
People like what they like, and as long as those involved are consenting adults and know what they're doing, I think whatever they choose is fine.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Just adding onto my original post:

I'm attracted to success and power and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Slackers are not for me - mainly because I'm not a slacker. I've met a lot of interesting people due to my father and I've noticed a reoccurring pattern in which many men who have achieved high levels in their careers generally have very attractive traits such as intelligence, charisma, wit, excellent speaking skills, ambition, emotional/mental dexterity, an exemplary work ethic and - on top of that - are just predominantly very enjoyable to be around. Most are great at conversation (and I mean real conversation about stimulating topics - pun intended ) and in accordance with their experience and exposure to the world, have that sarcastic, dry sense of humor which for some reason I find intoxicating - it's still a mystery to me as to why that draws me in.

I have to add though that all these older men that I've been attracted to are easy on the eyes. They're not aged male models but no one would complain the least about their looks and they were all in decent shape. They wore lovely suits too... I do have a thing for a man in a well-tailored fine suit.

One last thing (and then I'm off the topic of old men lol!), I really love how these men are MEN. I'll look at boys (because most don't deserve the title of men) and they often fall into one of two categories: passive or douchebag. I really want nothing to do with either.
I think you know exactly what you want, despite your young age. And it all sounds good. You sound a lot like me when I was younger. I also knew what I wanted. I was attracted to older men exactly for the reasons you described. These are qualities I also valued in myself, as I was successful in my own right.

I have been happily married to the man of my dreams for 15 years and he has all the qualities you described. He is 9.5 years older than me. Does that qualify as "older" to you? He is my love, best friend, and even a mentor - he has taught me so much about how to be successful in business/life. One of the advantages to being with a more experienced/successful guy - you can learn from them. When we met, he was the handsome owner of a company and I could not stop thinking about him. He was intelligent, confident, well-spoken, well-dressed, charming, ambitious, well-traveled, witty, and had a great head of hair (still does).

He is a wonderful life partner and a wonderful MAN. One thing that is important is that he (like me) has always been extremely fit and energetic - played college sports, works out, is very active and outdoorsy and we love to try new things. It is unlikely he will turn into a couch potato complaining about ailments. In fact, his 75 year old dad is also very fit, still participating in bike races, etc. So I say, GO FOR IT! Marrying my "older" guy was the best decision I ever made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships