Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:57 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times

Advertisements

I ask my husband about this question.
He said the "skank" is in the eyes of the beholder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 10:02 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
I was just trying to say that I am naturally tanned because I live in Florida and spend a lot of time outdoors and that I think red is the color that compliments my skin tone the most. Therefor, I am personally insulted by this thread.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:06 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Wonder what the male version of skank is??
Kid rock is Skank-Y!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:08 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Kid rock is Skank-Y!
Yeah, but I like his music style sometimes. I really don't care what he looks like.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I dont know why my post was deleted. I thought it was rather witty.

I was just trying to say that I am naturally tanned because I live in Florida and spend a lot of time outdoors and that I think red is the color that compliments my skin tone the most. Therefor, I am personally insulted by this thread.
Now....why would you be personally insulted by this thread? Because there were some who commented on red nail polish and being tanned?
There just jealous. lol... Just because an individual wears red nail polish, does not make her a skank...i agree. Red nail polish can be quite classy....

Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,719 times
lol i never really thought of nail color as being skampy. i just think of skanky looks being more revealing clothing.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:53 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,055 times
Agree with Naomi,,

As someone who has worked in the Nightclubs..and seen plenty..i can tell you that those women who dressed..in less where more often the type who lacked dome degree of self esteem.. These also were the type who pursued the players as well...or accepted abusive types..well dressed..attractive women generally don't seem to attract or accept these types of guys..At least from what ive witnessed..

A woman can attract a whole rooms attention when she shows just enough skin...and attract all the wrong attention when everything is out for all to see...

Now, in the bedroom, Minus the cow hide..she can wear what ever she wants..sorry, the whole bondage S&M stuff is kind of freaks me out..lol..a nicely tanned..and toned body by candle light is hard fro a man to resist..Just please be careful with the fingernails..

Old 08-15-2009, 11:12 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Kid rock is Skank-Y!
I was just about to say I'd take Tommy Lee over Kid Rock any day!

But I hope I never have to make that sacrifice either way!

I think I'd be seriously struggling to pick someone I could label skank.

It's such a ludicrous term but I agree with whomever said it was more about behaviour than dress style.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
So...............

I always ask this question of guys who do not like it. Usually its the too tan skin that looks thick or red nails (which what?). The oddest one was that "skanks look oily" LOL
I prefer women that dress conservatively. Don't wear a lot of makeup, don't have piercings in odd places.

Image does tie in to personality...also, a person can dress casually and conservatively.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:23 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
The "skank look" isnt just about how a woman dresses, its mostly about how she carries herself and her personality. Like all the women you see on "Rock Of Love" are skanky. Some of their identifying characteristics:

Bad hair weaves
Random miscellaneous tattoos
Tramp Stamp tattoos
Smokers
Too thick lipstick
They cuss all the time
They always scream "Wooooooooooo" or "Yeah baby" if someone says party or opens drinks
Overly tanned leathery skin with pimples
Being 22 years old but looking 38

These are the most common identifiers for skanks. Tight clothes, no bras, tanned skin are NOT exclusive to skanky women. Many women I see (and some I know) who are far from skanky dress like this but its more for style and sometimes comfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships