Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,298,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
The only time I'd ring someone after 9pm is if they'd specifically said it was ok to do so OR it was an emergency.
Every time the phone rings here after 9 pm, my heart sinks as I'm afraid it could be bad news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:27 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,865,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Every time the phone rings here after 9 pm, my heart sinks as I'm afraid it could be bad news.
Same with me.

I guess I grew up with the idea that any late night phone call meant something bad had happened and when people do ring late, for no readily apparent reason I usually politely ask them not to ring so late next time.

AND then try to settle my pounding heart down.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:31 PM

37,449 posts, read 45,651,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Really? Forget that I was WORKING on my laptop and doing laundry and had to fix dinner
So what. If you expect anyone to WANT to call you, you should be prepared to make time for them. If laundry and dinner have a higher priority than talking to the girl, then why bother asking her to call in the first place.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,072,532 times
Quote:
Really? Forget that I was WORKING on my laptop and doing laundry and had to fix dinner
As I said bottom of the "to do" list. Why can't you call while doing laundry and fixing dinner? Or between those activities?

Because talking to her is not a priority and you want her to wait around while you complete your day to get around to her.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,867,479 times
Quote:
She said"i go to sleep around 12am/1am/2am and I said call me around 11pm.

Then she says-"why so late???"

Come someone tell me what the hell she is talking about?
You know, she's probably in bed watching TV or reading a book or magazine. When it's close to my bedtime, I do one of the above. I don't feel like talking to someone on the phone that late in the evening. It's settling in time.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,809,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So what. If you expect anyone to WANT to call you, you should be prepared to make time for them. If laundry and dinner have a higher priority than talking to the girl, then why bother asking her to call in the first place.

So because a Girl wants to call I should go to work with dirty clothes and go to sleep without eating???

Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,867,479 times
Quote:
So because a Girl wants to call I should go to work with dirty clothes and go to sleep without eating???
How about a 15 minute phone call with her? Don't let it take up your whole evening. You just be honest and tell her you've got some things you have to take care of.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:37 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,977,074 times
Quote:
Perhaps do your laundry *after* you speak with her?

Old 08-16-2009, 09:37 PM

2,437 posts, read 6,991,838 times
Quote:
I hate to say this TVandSportsGuy... but you sound like a drama queen. I am sure if you planned your day right.. somewhere between 8am and 9pm (normal hours) you could have had your clothes done and eaten a meal.. normally you shouldnt be eating after 6 or 7pm so your food doesnt make you fat...

Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,692,049 times
Quote:
She said"i go to sleep around 12am/1am/2am and I said call me around 11pm.

Then she says-"why so late???"

Come someone tell me what the hell she is talking about?

Come on tvandsportsguy!!! You have been on many dates right? When A guy calls late at least in my past its perverted stuff. Ask what time is good for her. Call on lunch breaks ..her down time...after dinner...and later comes the who cares what time it is...just happy to hear his/her voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships