Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:59 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I need a guy who has a sense of humor and NOT just your typical silly sense of humor (poop? hahahahahahahahahahaha!! fart? hahahahahahahahaha!!) but a dry and witty sense of humor.

I once was sitting next to a guy at least 20 years my senior at a formal lunch and by the time dessert came out, I was practically in love with him. He had the most amazing sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 12:09 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Having a sense of humor is apart of what makes the day enjoyable! If I was with someone with no sense of humor, I think I would go crazy from boredom.

The guys who I have been most attracted to, have been able to make me laugh. A good sense of humor is sexy .

Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,805,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Yeah, I need a guy who has a sense of humor and NOT just your typical silly sense of humor (poop? hahahahahahahahahahaha!! fart? hahahahahahahahaha!!) but a dry and witty sense of humor.

I once was sitting next to a guy at least 20 years my senior at a formal lunch and by the time dessert came out, I was practically in love with him. He had the most amazing sense of humor.
So what happened?

To go back to the first post, does the concept of sense of humor mean different things to different people?

I came across one profile: "I like to joke around a lot and yeah I'm kind of obnoxious".

How would you take that in?

Can a good sense of humor overcome short-comings in other areas (maybe physical, ect.)?

Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
By now many of you know I have been on the dating website for a few weeks.

I get my "material" to create threads from the website. Here is today's installment of "The Online Dating Chronicles" (TODC).

I see this A LOT on the profiles of women- "He must be able to make me laugh"

This seems really foolish. If it were a 19y/o I can understand but when your 38.....

What's your take on this........
My take is ................ I'd probably be laughing the minute he dropped his pants. Staring at that little, itty bitty, teeny tiny thang! Yeah, he'd make me laugh, alright!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:44 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
My take is ................ I'd probably be laughing the minute he dropped his pants. Staring at that little, itty bitty, teeny tiny thang! Yeah, he'd make me laugh, alright!
That reminds me of a story a friend told me years ago when we were in college. A couple of her friends were walking back to the dorms late one night and out pops a flasher. After he opened his coat one of the girls said, "It's so small!!!!" The flasher turned beet red and ran off (likely cured for life).

Old 08-21-2009, 05:07 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I wonder if they'd say "Must be able to make me laugh", when in walks the court jester fully decked out with bells and all.

Google Image Result for http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4129313/2/istockphoto_4129313-cartoon-court-jester.jpg

Old 08-21-2009, 05:29 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
So what happened?

To go back to the first post, does the concept of sense of humor mean different things to different people?
Yes.

Which is why I say "intelligence" is more important than having a sense of humor.

Everyone has a sense of humor. I think it is human trait. However, different people laugh at different things.
Two people of similar intelligence, background and education will often (but not always) laugh at the same things.

I think the women on dating sites are wise to say "he has to make me laugh". If she has a dry and witty sense of humor and he is a slapstick kind of guy, they may not hit it off.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
By now many of you know I have been on the dating website for a few weeks.

I get my "material" to create threads from the website. Here is today's installment of "The Online Dating Chronicles" (TODC).

I see this A LOT on the profiles of women- "He must be able to make me laugh"

This seems really foolish. If it were a 19y/o I can understand but when your 38.....

What's your take on this........
Ron, Ron Ron

Of course that is a requirement, a must have. I can be having the worst day of my life and my husband can come home and do or say the funniest things to put a smile on my face. Even when I try to stay sad or mad, I can't when he's around. I think something like that is essential to a great relationship, at least to me it is.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Just bring a feather along on your date and tickle her coochie.
LoL I can't believe you just said that!!!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
here you go.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships