Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
The "Must me laugh", "No drama", "No games"-type lines are kind of turn-offs. I don't know why, but it just raises red flags.
It does and for all sorts of reasons.

Anytime I see that online or hear that in person I focus my interest elsewhere.

Also what is funny with the "must make me laugh" line is that how are the prospective applicants to know what makes them laugh or not? Same as "no games" or "no drama". Like that's going to stop a dramatic, gamey clown from trying to do a hook up.

Women for all the attention to detail they claim to have, seem to have a big problem which is not being able to see the big picture. Often I think there are women with all these requirements and demands and nefarious men play into that by playing the part they've been told to play. Then after they've used the woman for the sex or whatever they want, they dump her and move on to the next needy woman. What happens to the previous woman leaves her even more high strung and demanding. Which usually only sets her up for an even bigger fall.

They don't really learn well until it is too late.

Often I think people need to step outside themselves and really look at what they are doing. Too many people in this country have been watching too many movies and they have unrealistic expectations of potential partners. It is astonishing how many women I come across that expect their dates to be well off, nice car, six pack abs, nine inch long dong, cool house or pad, designer everything and they have to be a grand entertainment and dining director for them and also certainly they must pay for everything. And then you look at them in ill fitting clothes, overweight and flabby, whiny, complaining, crappy job, dumpy unclean house and you wonder how much crack they are smoking??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 12:06 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
You're right, the way it's phrased is very awkward. I wouldn't automatically think that person was looking for someone just to entertain them, though. I would probably assume that the person was just not a good writer since many, otherwise intelligent, people struggle with expressing themselves through the written word.
Perhaps that could be.

But there are plenty of women out there that require men to be the entertainment and dining director.

One woman I work with from time to time openly expresses that men are there to entertain and wine and dine her. She puts no effort out at all, ever. Even her male work colleagues she expects them to make dinner arrangements or any other arrangements. Never makes any suggestions or is any help planning dinner.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,125 times
The Online Dating Chronicles

That's hilarious.. I don't care what ya say..

Anyway, that line is typical.. I mean, think about it, what to most women look for in a guy?

Sense of humor, confidence, intelligence, ability to have a meaningful conversation, etc.. But, usually sense of humor and confidence are in the top two.

Still, I think it should be a given.. women really don't need to say that, we already know it.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post

Still, I think it should be a given.. women really don't need to say that, we already know it.
That's what I thought.

Now if you describe the type of sense of humor you have, that helps.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:17 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
so by humor you mean jokes?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 08-22-2009 at 01:26 AM..

Old 08-22-2009, 01:06 AM

478 posts, read 2,303,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
It does and for all sorts of reasons.

Anytime I see that online or hear that in person I focus my interest elsewhere.

Also what is funny with the "must make me laugh" line is that how are the prospective applicants to know what makes them laugh or not? Same as "no games" or "no drama". Like that's going to stop a dramatic, gamey clown from trying to do a hook up.

Women for all the attention to detail they claim to have, seem to have a big problem which is not being able to see the big picture. Often I think there are women with all these requirements and demands and nefarious men play into that by playing the part they've been told to play. Then after they've used the woman for the sex or whatever they want, they dump her and move on to the next needy woman. What happens to the previous woman leaves her even more high strung and demanding. Which usually only sets her up for an even bigger fall.

They don't really learn well until it is too late.

Often I think people need to step outside themselves and really look at what they are doing. Too many people in this country have been watching too many movies and they have unrealistic expectations of potential partners. It is astonishing how many women I come across that expect their dates to be well off, nice car, six pack abs, nine inch long dong, cool house or pad, designer everything and they have to be a grand entertainment and dining director for them and also certainly they must pay for everything. And then you look at them in ill fitting clothes, overweight and flabby, whiny, complaining, crappy job, dumpy unclean house and you wonder how much crack they are smoking??
Men can 'laugh women into bed' with GSOH, say psychologists - Telegraph

When women demand something simple -- like, oh say, a sense of humor -- what many men do not realize is that it is that very something simple that could get them laid. Women tend to think of funny men as more intelligent than men who are more "serious".

A man who is focused on what women really want will read the above article and quit whining about something that women have evolved into wanting. It is rather common to want a funny man, and now, it appears that having a compatible sense of humor can make all the difference between an awesome date and a ho-hum one.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:58 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,147,419 times
you should make them 'laugh into bed' but not in it !!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 02:42 AM

10,210 posts, read 17,862,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Also what is funny with the "must make me laugh" line is that how are the prospective applicants to know what makes them laugh or not?
Isn't part of the fun of dating to FIND OUT what makes that person laugh, amongst other things? It just seems like some people want a dating profile to tell them whether they'll be 100% compatible with that person right off the bat. It just doesn't work that way and if you're not interested in spending some time getting to know the person and finding out what makes them laugh, why bother dating at all?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:49 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
you should make them 'laugh into bed' but not in it !!!!
I dunno, that can be fun sometimes too!

Old 08-22-2009, 04:24 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,147,419 times
depends what they are laughing at !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships