Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times

Advertisements

I think I have realistic expectations. I want someone who matches me, nothing picky about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I know I am a very easy guy to please nor do I have a loooooooong list of crap my gf must have or not have.

With exception of women with children, I am an pretty reasonable guy when it come to the person I date long term.

I don't make it very difficult for women to get into a long term with me. Most often women ask why am I single and my response is always the same." I actually enjoy being single"

Are you a realistic person when it comes to selecting a long term mate?

Please, for once can we be honest. I know some of you will come in here talking about "your standards, blah,blah, blah..........."

Let's be real because I know A LOT of you on here are not reasonable.

Ron

P.s- please don't bring stuff I said from other threads into this thread all because I said something you did not like. Thanks again.
REALLY...you say you're not picky yet you give us INSTRUCTIONS on how to respond to your thread?! Then proceed to shoot down every response because they "don't follow the rules" or "don't answer your specific questions"...

REALLY?!

I'm not picky by any means, but good Lord...seeing someone so anal about a simple thing. Wow.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 PM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
I wouldn't consider myself to be "picky," yet I do have standards. I let the meaningless things slide, but I am very clear about how I expect to be treated--with respect. I am also at this delicious stage where I love the direction my life and career are taking. I want a drama-free life: no cheating, no baby-mama drama, no abuse in any form, no lying, no power trips. Sadly, these days my need for respect and a drama-free life cuts out a lot of people who have not learned those lessons--not yet. Nonetheless, I hope to meet someone compatible one day--someone who understands this, understands me, and most of all understands himself well enough to keep it sweet and keep it real.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
I think I have realistic expectations. I want someone who matches me, nothing picky about it.
Thats how I am too...you don't need to be Mr. fancy pants...my ex was and look where that got me.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
I agree with others that it is okay to have standards if you bring to the table what you desire in a mate. If you have no kids then it's not picky to want someone else with no children. If you have a degree (s) then I feel there is nothing wrong with expecting the same out of others.

Materials aside, what also matters is someone's heart, morals and lifestyle. Do they make you feel "at home" when you're with them. Are you compatible?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times
Yes, I was very particular when I was dating. Friends told me to stop being so picky. They said life is not a movie, you do not get everything you want, you need to have more realistic expectations. But I am not one to lower my standards and eventually met someone (at the ripe old age of 28) and got married. And not only did he meet my high expectations, he actually exceeded them as well.

So what is really unrealistic? What is being too picky? I think the real fault is not having too high of standards but settling for less than you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships