Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

I'm doin it but for most the slow lane is boring code word is no chemistry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 02:33 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,302 times
Well, the FIRST time I dated my husband, we were 16, and did not have sex for over a year.

The second time, after a month or two of flirting online and at work (we reconnected by happening to work in the same building and seeing each other at Subway one day downstairs in our office building), and going to lunch a couple times, that our first real date the second time around ended in sex...unusual for both of us, but we say that we were basically just picking up where we left off.

Last edited by CrueRulz; 04-16-2012 at 03:17 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 02:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Is courting a female, especially women 21-30 years of age, a thing of the past? Do people even date each other anymore without getting sexual or engaging in sex?

LMAO, yea right. I couldn't find a single guy willing to for this concept -- unless they were super religious like Muslim or devout Catholics. As my mother used to always say, 'what they can't get from Sally they will get from Suzy.'

Old 04-16-2012, 02:43 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
I don't think it's like that much anymore, but it's still there. There's a lot of more old-fashioned people out there than one might expect - the only problem is that most of them are too shy to actually court a lady.
This is what I keep saying--the the guys many women would be interested in are too shy to talk to women. PLEASE do us ladies a favor, and start chatting with the women who cross your path. We need you guys.

And Morphous01 said on page 1 that traditional activities like roller skating and bowling have been replaced with extreme partying, etc. Well, last I heard, roller skating was pretty popular, with the inline skates. Big cities still have roller rinks, but outdoor skating in parks is popular. Boating is popular, where available.

Women need time to get to know someone so trust can be established. It's amazing how many guys don't get that concept. Many women who go for sex too soon end up complaining about bad sex, about being used.

Also, if you get sexually involved before you know the person well enough, the breakup is that much more painful. Sex for most people = intense emotional involvement. It's best to get to know each other well, first. If the courtship isn't working at some point, it's SO much easier to break it off when there's no sex and its attendant emotions involved. Much less drama, pain.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-16-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Lol, it's simple really...if people would truly get in the romantic spirit and become more like true romantics, the "love" component would be much, much more important that the "physical intimacy alone" component

For example: enter uber-romantic songs like these...people should listen to more love songs like these, IMHO! (Doing so might make them a lil more softer and more dewy-eyed, and actually dreaming of LTR-style relationships!) Lol, that's what it did to me personally, anyway... (Think as in, potential wedding songs, hehe )

Believe in the power of true love! High romance and true romantics should be made "cool" again, IMO!

(** my favorite love song of all time, espec. including the original Air Supply version )

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 04-16-2012 at 04:13 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 05:30 PM

199 posts, read 391,224 times
I would LOVE to date a woman and establish a loving connection without sexual pressure.

Once that occurs with trust and commitment, I'm open to making love.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Lol, it's simple really...if people would truly get in the romantic spirit and become more like true romantics, the "love" component would be much, much more important that the "physical intimacy alone" component

For example: enter uber-romantic songs like these...people should listen to more love songs like these, IMHO! (Doing so might make them a lil more softer and more dewy-eyed, and actually dreaming of LTR-style relationships!) Lol, that's what it did to me personally, anyway... (Think as in, potential wedding songs, hehe )

Believe in the power of true love! High romance and true romantics should be made "cool" again, IMO!

(** my favorite love song of all time, espec. including the original Air Supply version )

Knight, you live in a fantasy world where Martina McBride songs play in the background of daily interactions, LOL.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM

199 posts, read 391,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what I keep saying--the the guys many women would be interested in are too shy to talk to women. PLEASE do us ladies a favor, and start chatting with the women who cross your path. We need you guys.

And Morphous01 said on page 1 that traditional activities like roller skating and bowling have been replaced with extreme partying, etc. Well, last I heard, roller skating was pretty popular, with the inline skates. Big cities still have roller rinks, but outdoor skating in parks is popular. Boating is popular, where available.

Women need time to get to know someone so trust can be established. It's amazing how many guys don't get that concept. Many women who go for sex too soon end up complaining about bad sex, about being used.

Also, if you get sexually involved before you know the person well enough, the breakup is that much more painful. Sex for most people = intense emotional involvement. It's best to get to know each other well, first. If the courtship isn't working at some point, it's SO much easier to break it off when there's no sex and its attendant emotions involved. Much less drama, pain.
I wish more women would read that sentence and engrain it into their brain. I typically find those with low self-esteem fit into that category. Many women (and men) don't realize how powerful and satisfying sex/making love can be when you develop a strong relationship.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 PM

845 posts, read 1,349,120 times
I think it still goes on, courting. Maybe the age group shifted a little bit. I think the older you get, the wiser you get. Therefor you won't have a need to jump in the sack with a girl you went on a date with the first night you met her.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
These days the part of the night before having sex is the 'courting.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships