Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:31 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Young guys get old some day

Oldies get older and get walking sticks, make 10 trips to the bathroom every night
Yes, young guys grow older, but I need one who has already grown up

Hey, as long as he uses that stick to my advantage, I have no problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
So anyway...I pulled the elephant into the middle of the room for a show...lol

I talked with the s.o. about things not working because of his behavior stressing me out. I thought it was going to be this huge issue but it just wasn't. He also said he would not mind paying the whole rent if I needed to save to move to a new city(I brought that up) He thinks I am miserable because of him and that I have changed alot in the 10 years we have been together. And he said it was not a bad thing. I made a joke "well its not like we are talking investing in real estate and the state of your 401K" And he said "Thats what I am talking about..I don't even know what a 401K is."

Its just so odd that there was no freakout...I guess it helps we were friends for a year first. He said he would feel better if he helped move me forward because he feels guilty for the stress and just wants to see me happy.
This is why I had such a fear of the cut off. Hes not pure 100% ahole. The sludge of past was an easy to flush break off.

Is this how big people break up?

Off to shop for some geritol now...
Sounds like he's not too broken up about it (no pun intended). He probably sensed it when you started feeling it a while back. I think I would be very offended that he didn't fight for me - or at the very least ask if it was fixable - maybe you are too mature for your own good!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
We have broken up before over this behavior issue in the past. He did say he would like to go along (move with me) if he was allowed, but I said I did not think it would be best for me. He was not happy about it...It was that thing where you say something...and then you stare at the wall confused for a few minutes. I am not quite sure he believes me because I said I would have to move away before.

Growing old does not mean you grow up anyway...And he started to mature but then slipped back. Since I have had friends that were 10-20 years older than me in my 20's...Well, I have seen the end of this story and what happens to guys who act 21 at 31 and so on. I have been told I dumb it down for guys too. Oh well...Its water under the bridge now. I do think the fight is just tapped out of us both too. We went through some really rough stuff together and its just over.

What was odd was this morning he got me coffee etc etc...Just being nice again...
I really do not think he believes me. Plus he never really dated much. He had his highschool girl friend, a relationship at 19 that did not last very long and then me. So...I really do not think he even knows what its fully going to mean to be single or "out there".

Old 08-26-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Are you for real? They don't think about all this fracas until they push into their mid-thirties
With the etcs of the stocks...

Just thinking..LOL

I had my car paid off at 22 and had all that but the morgage. Had to cash it it in due to disability...But then I think about that..and LOL
Maybe all my 30+ friends at the time were right when they would say I was 21going on 41.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
With the etcs of the stocks...

Just thinking..LOL

I had my car paid off at 22 and had all that but the morgage. Had to cash it it in due to disability...But then I think about that..and LOL
Maybe all my 30+ friends at the time were right when they would say I was 21going on 41.
I'm 24 going on retired

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM

Just something I find strange...And always found strange is that why people can't be immature for the fun stuff and not be a total f-up with stuff you have to do. I never found anyone that is like that.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:52 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
It sounds a lot like the conversation I had with my ex before he and I split. We'd both reached a point where a decision had to be made, so we made it.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:56 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,221,727 times
it sounds like a kind and gentle way to part ways. Yes there are people who are able to break up and do it with respect and dignity, from what little bit i read in the opening post, you are fortunate to be in that situation. Best wishes to you.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I'm 24 going on retired
LOL....Well I am not yet! And I have a decade on you almost.

I think about stuff we have both done by this age and my list is a lot longer than his. I think I just have way too much aggressive energy for him. I do all the thing we did before but I just added stuff I have to do too. You don't sleep much but god it is so relaxing not to worry about crap! I don't like to just sit around and watch tv and talk of yesterdays.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it sounds like a kind and gentle way to part ways. Yes there are people who are able to break up and do it with respect and dignity, from what little bit i read in the opening post, you are fortunate to be in that situation. Best wishes to you.
Yeh....I really did not want to sit on it because we were such good friends for that first year before we even together. All my other ones have just been so dramatic though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships