Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 01:55 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,917,093 times

Advertisements

I can't stand this in a women. If I date a girl and she shows this vice, her ass is gone. It's highly unattractive and idiotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:00 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
I don't do this just because it's stupid, lame and immature. Sure, I do check people out and sometimes I do want to look good but saying nasty things is uncalled for... Unless that woman give me an attitude...It's a different story.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:18 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
I don't do this just because it's stupid, lame and immature. Sure, I do check people out and sometimes I do want to look good but saying nasty things is uncalled for... Unless that woman give me an attitude...It's a different story.
And I suppose a beautiful woman walking by is enough of an attitude to b*tch about her.

Just kidding, but what I want to say though is that a lot of girls put a deragotory label on a gorgeous women, without knowing her or based on hearsay, and then use it as an excuse for their nastiness.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:29 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
One thing that I've seen a number of times is when a female supervisor has a very attractive woman who reports to her and clearly mistreats her. I had one supervisor who was guilty of this and she'd engage in gossip and insulting comments with some of the not so attractive women who also reported to her and it was very mean and unprofessional. I remember that one of the attractive women that she picked on happened to be a skiier so she'd refer to her as "the snow bunny" and other similar remarks. That woman was a very good worker and tried to get along with everyone so it really disgusted me.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
I've actually gone into a paint store after spilling a gallon of oil paint on myself and the damn driveway. I am not there for a photo op and am sweaty and working in a 60ft bucket truck. Men and women have the same amount of negative remarks. Women complain cuz I'm in a bikini top and it's 90 outside. Men are making sexist remarks so bad that the male workers in the store call them out. I think there is a difference of flaunting sexuality versus trying to work within a friggin hot situation to make money to feed your family. Never got the understanding in Houston and sure as hell don't get it here. Shallow minded peeps will ALWAYS be that. (I did like the fact that a local gay guy called the bad custome out for talking about me like he did)

Next time a woman coated with makeup,nail polish, and "secretary spread" faults a hard body- covered with 100 bruises, broken nails and a swimsuit top and a hard arse? Take inventory.....I'd trade you anyday. I have about 30 bruises on my butt just now from doing a meatal roof......can we talk about the cuts in unmentionables? Insecurity lies within the person and I get so much of that crap here..........in my quaint town of 3000. I'm up at 4 and asleep by 7 and I really don't have the energy to eat, much less sleep with the husband you can't keep home. Oh yeah??? I did the flip side and was stocked w/$68 la perla thongs. .....but I still did my crap jobs to make myself happy.........all for me. Those nasty paint clothes covered up the good stuff that noone ever saw.......... I just don't understand insecurity. I outwork, outthink, outbuild ANY man I've worked with from TX to NH to VT.....

Last edited by swanstone1; 07-16-2010 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-16-2010, 02:36 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times
I think it has always been true. Haven't you ever heard the expression "catty." It isn't used toward men. My read on it is jealousy, or maybe just feeling threatened. Women's position in society is pretty precarious, even in this day and age. We've come a long way, but we still have not achieved full social status in many eyes.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
And I suppose a beautiful woman walking by is enough of an attitude to b*tch about her.

Just kidding, but what I want to say though is that a lot of girls put a deragotory label on a gorgeous women, without knowing her or based on hearsay, and then use it as an excuse for their nastiness.
A lot of girls do but not all. If I see a gorgeous woman walking pass by, the first thing I notice is her face. Man she's pretty! Nice outfit.. Oh love the shoes. Then I'll just brag to my friends how I saw a gorgeous lady and tell them I like her outfits/shoes/whatever. Move on with life. Don't want to make life harder than it already is. I compliment them if necessary. Seriously though...We all judge to some degree.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
In my social circles I know about 5 'model quality' ladies. 4 of them are popular with everybody. 1 is pretty much popular only with guys. But her males acquantances believe she suffers from this stigma with beautiful women. No, it's because she's an A-hole!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
One of my fave quotes, from the author of Bridget Jones:

Quote:
Olivia’s theory was that you could divide women into two types: those who were on the Girls’ Team, and Undercover *******. If a woman was on the Girls’ Team, she could be as beautiful, intelligent, rich, famous, sexy, successful and as popular as f--k, and you’d still like her. Women on the Girls’ Team had solidarity. They were conspiratorial and brought all their f--k-ups to the table for everyone to enjoy. Undercover ******* were competitive: they showed off, tried to put others down to make themselves look good, lacked humour and a sense of their own ridiculousness, said things which sounded okay on the surface but were actually designed to make you feel really bad, couldn’t bear it when they weren’t getting enough attention, and they flicked their hair. Men didn’t get all this. They thought women took against each other because they were jealous. Quite tragic, really.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
When I was younger I was threatened by beautiful women. Now, it would take a Victoria Secret model for me to even notice. I've got a life, a job, and stuff to do. I don't really even pay attention to the people around me unless its a cashier ringing me up or something. I just don't have time to care what anybody else is doing, looks like, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't imagine not having any women as friends--the way I look at it, we're on the same team: The Girls' Team. Does that mean that no women are jerks? Not at all, but I'm immediately suspicious of any woman who says other women aren't to be trusted. That's nutso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Great replies, both of you. I'm sorry I can't rep you again yet.
This thread was revived today, and I noticed that I had posted in it. What's interesting is that this was seven months ago, and my perspective has changed a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems. Women never admit they do this and it seems only guys agree with me and laugh at the other women go "oh well I never"
I've lost 50 pounds since Christmas, and I am really pleased with my progress. (10 more to go.) While I have gotten lots of comments from people who recognize me (neighbors, coworkers, people at the grocery store, my daughter's bus driver), I haven't gotten any catty comments. No suddenly negative behavior or anything, just good reactions. No snideness. So what's up with that? Maybe I don't notice. Maybe it's the area.

I do notice other people more, though. I started to notice that there really are a lot of overweight people where I live. I mean, I knew they were there before, but I didn't notice as much. Now I do. I don't think I'm judgmental about it, but I do find myself noticing, "I am the thinnest person in the room" or something. If anything, I think I am more empathetic than someone who has never struggled with weight problems (cough*cough*Lao*cough ). I don't know what to make of this either. I don't know whether this is better or worse. I like feeling pleased with how I look but don't want to be a self-congratulatory B about it. I think a lot of the "you're just jealous" comments come from women who don't recognize that that's how they're acting.

Edited: Pitt, I don't mean to imply that's how you're acting. I included your comment more for the "Well, I never" bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships