Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times

Advertisements

Unless they guy is mr GQ I don't know what an "attractive" man looks like as I am not into guys. I guess I would notice a guy who was a 2 who obviously needed some plastic surgery or a guy who was a 9 or 10 but anything in between im not going to be able to really distinguish so thus I cant get angry at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
As someone on a similiar thread said,maybe if men didn't put the beautiful ones on a pedestal and ignore the unattractive women,this wouldn't happen.

Also,in my opinion,it isn't just about looks all the time.
I'm unattractive,yet some women still get jealous of me because of my job title,how much I make more etc, yet lots of the women who are jealous of me are married,are attractive, so I'm not so sure anymore.

MEN get jealous of women too. Not so sure where you guys are located,but I've had men jealous of me because of my job and my income too,so I'm not sure where this "men don't get jealous thing" comes from. In fact,I may have had more men jealous of me than women.
You sound smart and funny so those haters are jealous...plus these things make you attractive. Far more attractive than an empty headed bimbo.

"Pretty on the outside" is a thing but so is pretty on the inside.

Looks fade, stupid is forever.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:35 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You sound smart and funny so those haters are jealous...plus these things make you attractive. Far more attractive than an empty headed bimbo.

"Pretty on the outside" is a thing but so is pretty on the inside.

Looks fade, stupid is forever.
I don't know why some attractive women ASSume other women who are average or unattractive doesn't like them just because they are unattractive.

I can't tell you how many times some attractive woman got mad and jealous of me because some guy just happened to pay me attention and not her.

Attractive women can be jealous of unattractive women.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I can see this being a "whatever" in the teens because well..teens are insane. lol

But I notice this a lot in the adult world. I got treated totally differently by women when I was slobbed out and chunky. That was not me and after changing things I feel better. I still act the same. But women are strait up c**** with snide remarks if they think you might look better than they do it seems. Women never admit they do this and it seems only guys agree with me and laugh at the other women go "oh well I never"

What is the "man version" of this? Is there one?
Jealousy, I suppose.

I haven't really seen a man version of this so to speak. The closest thing to a male version that I have seen is when a man tries to take the woman from someone else.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:12 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Jealousy, insecurity, competition, etc. Everybody knows how men will be more interested in a girl that is attractive to his eyes rather than a girl's status, income, car she drives, etc. Have a prettier girl arrive at the scene and of course you will see those insecure jealous competitive women raise their furs like cats who are about to fight and start giving each other looks, commenting to her girlfriends how ugly she is or how cheap her shoes look, and so on.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:51 PM

419 posts, read 465,924 times
I get a kick out of posts who start out, "Why does everyone hate me because I'm beautiful?" or "I get so tired of everyone always thinking I'm 19, when I'm 52." While they may, in fact, be absolutely true, the odds are, uh, probably not. Or, perhaps it's me, being cynical, not sure.

How I treat a fellow human being is not predicated upon their looks. If a woman is beautiful and STILL treats everyone with compassion, grace and humility, then she truly is deserving of the term, "beautiful." If she goes through life acting like a prima dona and being rude and snotty, well, life is way too short to have to deal with those creatures.

Women are pretty intuitive - and if you're having issues, perhaps you changed when you went from slobbed out and chunky to what you claim today. On the other hand, maybe you're just surrounded by harpies, that happens too.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
My mom is very good looking, and fat women are very mean to her and make rude remarks quite often.

It's funny, because good looking people are usually nicer than ugly fat ones but they still complain about "not getting a chance".

Old 05-28-2013, 05:02 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I think its a terrible trait many women suffer from...I have never understood it when I was on the recieving end of it and still don't now that I am a 50 yr old woman...it's insecurity at such a deep level...it's kinda pathetic...

Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
My mom is very good looking, and fat women are very mean to her and make rude remarks quite often.

It's funny, because good looking people are usually nicer than ugly fat ones but they still complain about "not getting a chance".
Its the product of a hard life, pretty people have a cake life generally unless they are REALLY dumb and create bad situations for themselves. Ugly people have to work MUCH harder to achive happieness and if they keep getting busted down it wears on you, its no excuse to be a nasty bitter person but it does make more sense that someone would sucum to such behavior while having a sucky life.

How bitter and mad can you be when your gorgus and juggling 7 men at a time lol. Of course being bitter and mean does not buy you anything, you have to be smarter than the pretty people that skate by on their looks, they are seldom motivated to be cleaver because they dont need to be (other than keeping the other 6 men from finding out lol).

I think plastic surgery could be the equilizer that ugly people need, then see how smily the attractive women is when you are also attractive and are taking her man, I gaurentee it wont be all smiles anymore lol. Dont be nasty, just get even and then see the pretty persons true colors come out.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
A lot of people in this thread have cited jealousy as the reason for this behavior. What about when fit women make fun of fat women? Which is something I recently saw. Is that due to jealousy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships