Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 05:49 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
A lot of people in this thread have cited jealousy as the reason for this behavior. What about when fit women make fun of fat women? Which is something I recently saw. Is that due to jealousy?
Its all fun and games until the ugly woman gets surgery and takes the hot womans man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 12:13 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,795 times
I posted about this in a similar thread, and I felt that it was at least partially about competition. But, I think there's got to be something more to it, because the women I know who do this sort of thing are supposedly happily married or partnered. Well, then, what the heck are you competing for?

Maybe the attitude is a holdover from when the "popular" girls treated them like crap in school, and they extrapolate that behavior to anyone they think is more attractive than they are. Or maybe they're having some behind-the-scenes issues with their men. Who knows. I've seen these women post derogatory comments on Facebook about Victoria's Secret models and making comments that thin women aren't "real women". The VS models aren't trying to steal their husbands, or making fun of their weight. So, what's the deal?

And these women aren't huge; they maybe have a few extra pounds, but honestly, I don't think that people would notice or even care if these women didn't bring it up all the time. Appearance isn't really the problem; it's right between the ears.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 AM

224 posts, read 356,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its all fun and games until the ugly woman gets surgery and takes the hot womans man.

Yup...

Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I've seen these women post derogatory comments on Facebook about Victoria's Secret models and making comments that thin women aren't "real women". The VS models aren't trying to steal their husbands, or making fun of their weight. So, what's the deal?

And most men are well aware that getting with a VS model is rare, so being jealous of them is pointless.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:51 AM

[quote=highlife2;29768844

I think plastic surgery could be the equilizer that ugly people need[/quote]

IMO, there's no such thing as an ugly person. Just a poor person... or someone who isn't self aware (good for them)

Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I think good looks are a curse.
No, they are not. Sorry, some people, in general, can be petty.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Yeah, but, eventually, looks fade...what's left after that?

Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Yeah, but, eventually, looks fade...what's left after that?
Not really. Most people go after people of a similar age to themselves most of their lives. So when you are 70, most 70 year olds if single would seek someone of a similar age.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,165,587 times
Not necessarily jealousy of the other woman, but perhaps insecurity.

My friend just lost about 100 pounds, and as she was losing the weight (she still has a ways to go), her family did nothing but rip on her and call her anorexic (her family is all overweight but still smaller than her). My guess is her confidence was finally showing and that threatened them and made them confront their own demons.

Pretty crappy behavior if you ask me. I try not to critique anyone who isn't asking.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Not really. Most people go after people of a similar age to themselves most of their lives. So when you are 70, most 70 year olds if single would seek someone of a similar age.
Let's face it gravity kicks in, and things just aren't what they used to be. I am not saying older people aren't attractive, but I do know things get closer to the ground as we age. I am 41, and I can only *sigh* do some yoga and tai chi and accept what I cannot change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships