Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It must be good to be a women,spend a few days a week at the gym take time to make yourself look cute then expect the world to owe you everything..
Oh please... I hear the menfolk complaining frequently when the older women in their lives are aging poorly and have "let themselves go" in terms of their physical shape. Most men would be very happy to know that the woman they are involved in takes a pro-active approach to keeping her good figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:20 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,926 times
The moral of the story.

In the American dating world. A man's worth is measured by the number of digits in his bank account and what job he holds.

Living with your family is not a sign of being close with your family and being a family man. It's a sign of a loser in this culture.

Thank God i'm moving away from this country forever. And if I must come back to the US, I will live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and isolate myself from this ridiculous society.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
The moral of the story.

In the American dating world. A man's worth is measured by the number of digits in his bank account and what job he holds.

Living with your family is not a sign of being close with your family and being a family man. It's a sign of a loser in this culture.

Thank God i'm moving away from this country forever. And if I must come back to the US, I will live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and isolate myself from this ridiculous society.
Seeya!! Wouldn't want to be ya!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Seeya!! Wouldn't want to be ya!!!!
Judging by the location on your profile, you probably would want to be me

Old 08-31-2009, 07:27 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,586 times
Quote:
The moral of the story.

I'm with you on this one....good luck with your move (I'll be following you in a few years time, trust me).

Many women here are the most shallow on earth....and it's sad.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
amazing 43 pages later and lots of the posts
oh mama i gota have em. LOL
this is too good, why watch TV
Yeah and uncensored too REAL REALITY - lol!

Can I have some of your Popcorn in exchange for some of your favorite beverage?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,292 times
Quote:
The moral of the story.

In more than some cases I've heard, read and seen this to be true.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
In more than some cases I've heard, read and seen this to be true.
Oh yeah it's completely true. In many other countries it is not uncommon to have 3 generations in the family living in the same home and it is not looked down upon by anybody.

The USA nuclear family type of lifestyle is ridiculous. There are so many elderly people in the US who have pretty much been abandoned and neglected by their children. Because the 30 or 40 something year old sons and daughters are too "independent" to take care of their parents.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi CESpeed,

When did not dating until you found a job become a death sentence? I did not date even when I had a job because I did not care for the expense and generally found it a little boring. I had a circle of friends I would socialize with to some degree but they would like to do dinner and a movie. I also generally found after a certain age, dating meant eating out somewhere. Its probably why I spent little time with women in my late 20s and early 30s when I was doing things like dragging a 90lb canoe into a valley or dragging firewood out of the same valley in March or doing road trips to AZ etc . Most women don't like that stuff. Anything more exciting than that meant big money. I also noticed when I was dating, I didn't learn anything. Its was a distraction. I would make a priority of fixing my problems first.
Seriously, whats the big deal? If a man cannot wait to get a job to start dating, I think he is thinking he will not have a job in a very long time. This is also a particular context. This is a 44 year old man who clearly has had some issue with relationships AND lives with his parents, AND has no money, AND has no job AND has no sense of priority. That is a rather dismal Boolean algebraic expression. I certainly would not be browsing my entertainment options.
Not dating is not a death sentence. I've read nothing that says he has a problem with relationships. Being 45 and single doesn't mean he has a problem with relationships. And there are a lot of people who are starting over.

If this guy is just leeching of course he's not dating material but having to start over because the economy sucks, does not make a man un-datable. Just because one area of one's life isn't working doesn't mean EVERY area of one's life has to not work. Maybe having a love life will make easier for him to focus on getting his life together. Everyone knows that behind every successful man is a woman.

My main point is his current situation is a red flag to be cautious and pay attention; not an instant label that he isn't dating material.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Oh yeah it's completely true. In many other countries it is not uncommon to have 3 generations in the family living in the same home and it is not looked down upon by anybody.

The USA nuclear family type of lifestyle is ridiculous. There are so many elderly people in the US who have pretty much been abandoned and neglected by their children. Because the 30 or 40 something year old sons and daughters are too "independent" to take care of their parents.
But you have conveniently skipped over the FACT that this 44 year old man living at home is completely broke and unemployed to the point of having to consider changing his career... which would involve going back to school for nursing or being a counselor. And here it is September 1st and instead of putting his full efforts into being enrolled for the fall semester somewhere... he is procrastinating on his career change as he searches for female companionship via the internet.

If I were in my 40's, unemployed and forced to stay with my parents, my parents would be very angry with me if I was looking for love instead of getting my life back on track. In fact, I think that my mom would consider tossing me out of the house if she knew that I was looking for a date before finding myself a job.

And again, this 44 year old man may be lonely, but he currently doesn't have a crush on any particular woman. So what's the rush for him to go on dates he can't afford?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships