Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times

Advertisements

haha

I'm a young guy in NYC and my friends always needle me about treating women "bad". From now on I'm just going to point them to this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 03:10 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
70% of women recently polled would not even marry their unemployed bf. Welcome to being typical.

For a person with a heart you have to look to men. They don't care if you have a house, are homeless, have zero friends. THEY....DON'T...CARE...

So shoe is on the other foot, YOU lose YOUR job, should he dump YOU???
Haha!!!! Seriously? Men don't have a heart in these situations, they have a second head in their pants, their p3nis. And yes, a man would be willing to date a homeless woman... as long as she is attractive enough and is putting out. In the dating scene, men are purely driven by their sexual desires, women by their nesting instincts.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:22 AM

9 posts, read 18,980 times
he should def. wait to get his life together

Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM

144 posts, read 419,651 times
It's possible that he's employed by now so I'll post generally for any man in this situation. I think if he wants to date (and only date) then he should get a basic job while reaching his goals. He can then afford the basics: car expenses, dinner, movie, Dave & Buster's, and small birthday/christmas gifts if the occasion occurs while dating. As long as women know he's just dating then he owes no one more than dates. Any woman who wants more will have to understand his situation going in.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
If you ain't got no money, take your broke ass home.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
If you ain't got no money, take your broke ass home.

Glamorous - BoA and Se7en - YouTube

Agreed.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
When many expect the Man to solely serve many to most of the other gender with money and the like is what keeps many Men from even wanting to partake in dating, relationships and marriage as well as the garbage drama and so called entitlements they feel they deserve with these creatures.

One Man at a time in this country are realizing this.

To be "HUMAN" is a thrown-out concept these days and is replaced with "COLD".
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:49 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
He needs to get his foundation back in order before dating again. He is looking for a "feel-good" bandaid while he is experiencing so much trouble. Once he has something to actually offer a woman, then and only then should he be asking women to invest their time in him.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
The man in this scenario is not a man who lives with his parents. He is a man who had a job and was independent. Losing his job caused him to make certain adjustments.

You are being judgmental without knowing the facts... and selectively reading!

Good and bad things happen to all people - both genders.

If the family welcomes it and he was previously an independent working man, how does it make him a loser? Because he accepted the help of his family? That does not make him a dependent.

If he was a person who lived off of others, then the OP (and others here) would have a valid argument.

But this man is being emasculated because the state of humanity is in a shambles - by some very shallow people.

I make no excuses for my situation. I press onward to enhance my life, adding to my knowledge base creating greater security for myself.

Obviously some have no understanding of virtue.
Hold on there. I didn't say I had a problem with it, I'm saying that society does. I know there are circumstances to consider but most people in society will just assume these guys are losers and see the circumstances as excuses.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:32 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Once he has something to actually offer a woman, then and only then should he be asking women to invest their time in him.
He has something to offer the woman...his heart. What else do you want? I thought dating and love was about affairs of the heart...or maybe I am mistaken

What happens if the guy you are with lost everything due to some misfortune, you would just leave because now he is of no use anymore? A guy's worth is only tied to his money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships