Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I swear, that's how some of these posts here sound. Are people really this shallow or is it all talk?
I don't understand.

If you have a problem with a poster, or a post, why not call that person out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 08:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Sure. The world needs ugly people too.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,507 times
Nope they should be all Blonde Hair Blue eyed.This has been thought of before.

hillman

Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Nope they should be all Blonde Hair Blue eyed.This has been thought of before.

hillman

Old 08-28-2009, 08:45 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
This is what Hitler wanted.

hillman

Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
This is what Hitler wanted.

hillman
yeah...........but not all blond haired blue eyed people look good..............nor are all of them white.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Well, given how people in the five and under looks department have a much harder time finding people to procreate with, so it's kind of Darwinism in action.

Personally, I think people who watch reality television shouldn't be allowed to procreate, either.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
Hey, OP, I think I see where you are coming from with this question. As absurd as the question may seem, it does point to the overall absurdity of some of even the most well-meaning posts in our forum. I have often thought that if I did not have a life in real time, I might be under the false impression that a woman such as myself (47 years old, salt and pepper hair greying at the temples, plump/thick figure, Black, attractive but not model beautiful) would not stand a chance in the dating world. Thankfully, when people meet me in person, I have no problems whatsoever attracting romance and friendship. No offense, but I have come to realize that many--but not all--of the people who participate in the Relationship forum do so because they are still learning. Aren't we all to a degree? Sometimes when I see some of the questions and opinions posted here, I think to myself, "No wonder this person is having such a hard time finding or attracting love." Iow, most are either running away from love or pushing it away with unrealistic "standards" that are designed to make sure they never have to do what it takes to be in a healthy relationship. I often wonder what the people here look like, or are like, in person--especially the ones who are so quick to reject anyone who isn't "perfect," whatever that is. Beauty (and ugliness for that matter) is indeed in the eye of the beholder. I see many physically beautiful people (not all) who are so very alone. I also see many people who might be considered "ugly" in the most fantastically loving relationships. So who is to say who should be allowed to marry or have children? Imo, anyone who would have the audacity to say that another person should not marry or procreate is living in some kind of alternate (probably internet) "reality," and it might be time to turn off the computer and welcome him- or herself back into the real world, in real time. Rant over.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
Having children is not a privilege of what society considers «gorgeous people». This thread makes no sense.
It does if you read more than just the title.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I don't understand.

If you have a problem with a poster, or a post, why not call that person out?
I don't have a problem with any posters. I'm just shaking my head in disbelief about some of the topics, and now, after reading some responses to this thread, at the high rate of reading comprehension issues. To those who get it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships