Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Jesus Christ and Holy Sh*t!!!!! What the hell was that???!!!

Why did that weird lady keep saying "DORK SIDED"???

All I can say right now is:
That was the all time greatest TV freakout/meltdown in the history of the universe. Was an episode of Wife Swap where a christian woman traded places witih a new age woman. Classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Its always better to meet someone at church. You dont want to meet some crazy dark sided people on the streets who are not god warriors.

YouTube - God warrior!
OMG, wasn't that the funniest episode ever, that lady was the devil! Everytime that rerun is on I gotta watch, that poor family they sent her to. Even her own darn family was afraid of her. They actually set her up with another family on the same show like a year later, I didn't get to watch it, but I hope to catch a rerun.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You're sure to meet lovely ladies like this at church.

YouTube - Judge Judy vs The God Warrior
LOL! DId you know she had a "change of heart" after the taping of the show and accepted the $50,000, ya know Satan's money

Old 08-27-2009, 07:16 PM

Anyway, to the OP, there are some good looking and sweet single guys at my church but I swear I'm not looking at them

Old 08-27-2009, 07:20 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
That was the all time greatest TV freakout/meltdown in the history of the universe. Was an episode of Wife Swap where a christian woman traded places witih a new age woman. Classic.
Correction, crazy ass christian woman. There are about 90million christian women in the US, some are indeed mental.

I'm a little saddened to see people fall for such an easy stereotype. Hey though, she's a hideous fat crazy woman...pile on, be my guest...frankly it's sad to see so many people posting here like this is a mainstream person.

It's really no different than showing some buck-tooophed asian guy or mammy type individual...it's just socially acceptable since she isn't a protected class. Couldn't possibly be racism\religion or politically oriented stereotyping, only the small minded christian rednecks do that.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachforthestars View Post
I have to tell you.... the one guy I dated that I met in church turned out to be a really crappy person. We all have our problems, but geez...he takes the cake. We dated a little less than 2 months, but he managed to classify his ex as if she were his arch enemy (which was true, everyone that knew them said they had a horrible, argumentative relationship and were miserable with each other), but I later found out he'd been sleeping with her while we were dating. They got married a few months after he broke up with me and are expecting their first child (conceived while he was cheating on me) this fall. This, after he claimed he had screwed up a lot in the past and was absolutely waiting until marriage to have sex again. Classy, huh? [Oh and they aren't sure the child is really his -- she'd been with him and another guy at the same time. Lovely.]

When I called him on everything, finally, after months of silence...he had the audacity to say that I would be "such a great person if I stopped being so selfish" and "learned how to separate facts from lies and rumors." He had no job, no money, a less than honorable discharge from the Marines which he refused to rectify (just because he "hated doing paperwork") which would make it hard for him to get a job anywhere if he'd even wanted one, a drug & alcohol lifestyle that was in his not-terribly-distant past, and no drive to do anything but be a lazy bum and sleep all day while mooching off his parents. Seriously? WOW. I have no idea how I ended up with such a dead-beat loser in the first place...my guess being he used God and being a regular church-goer and the fact that he'd changed and grown so much as a person as his cover-up, drew me in, then slowly revealed his true colors - which are pretty heinous if you ask me.

I'm certainly not saying there aren't any genuine Christian men in churches out there, of course there are, my current boyfriend is one of them! We just didn't meet each other at church.
Good post. Plenty of con-men\women use the church as a hunting ground for trusting people with their guard down. I know several people that went to my church that I'd trust with my kids if something happened to me. There are all kinds out there.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 PM

966 posts, read 2,445,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Jesus Christ and Holy Sh*t!!!!! What the hell was that???!!!

Why did that weird lady keep saying "DORK SIDED"???

All I can say right now is:
Yes. What the you know what was that? Oh no... I'm scared.

(You get a rep for this reaction, Twinkle Toes.)

I'm still scared.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
there are some good looking and sweet single guys at my church but I swear I'm not looking at them
Riiiiiiiight

Old 08-27-2009, 08:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good post. Plenty of con-men\women use the church as a hunting ground for trusting people with their guard down. I know several people that went to my church that I'd trust with my kids if something happened to me. There are all kinds out there.

Exactly, but whats worse is that the biggest crooks of them all is standing at the pulpit. Sfff, organized crime goes further then you think.

YouTube - Marjoe Gortner Religion is a business

Old 08-27-2009, 09:18 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,158 times
IMO church men are no better than a strapping bar fly.....going to church doesn't automatically make you a good candidate for dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships