Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times

Advertisements

Call the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 12:45 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
call the FBI and tell them there is a terrorist in front of your house.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:46 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
You need an automatic sprinkler system timed to start at 7:00 and not shut off until after he gets on the bus and leaves.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:51 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,453,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
LOL he's 80lbs....and would looooove to chase this kid down. But that's not an option either, more's the pity. I suspect the dogs next door would love to help him too.

LostInHouston: "So you're thinking about calling the cops on a teenager who is promptly waiting to go to school?

Talk to him and calmly explain the situation... if he isn't understanding, find his parents."

Ive already spoken with him once, and though I'll try to get his phone number (Not a good chance...teenager's dont like giving their real numbers if they suspect there's trouble) to call his parents. However, if those dont work, or if those arent options, the cops will be called.
and what will the cops be able to do??? the kid is waiting for the school bus. maybe he has missed it in the past and has no other way to get to school.
Why must the world revolve around your work schedule. I work nights, yet i don't expect the neighbors to tailor their chores (cutting the grass, trimming the trees) around my sleep schedule.
Try some ear plugs and maybe a sleep aid. Maybe ask the neighbor to bring their dogs inside.
I'm guessing you don't have kids or this wouldn't be a problem because they would have already waken you up by 0700.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You need an automatic sprinkler system timed to start at 7:00 and not shut off until after he gets on the bus and leaves.
I LOVE this idea!! And set the sprinkler to agressively spray onto the sidework too. I think that if you water your lawn from 7am until 7:25am... that should solve your situation.

Otherwise, have you talked to your neighbors with the dogs about this teenager? Maybe they could keep their dogs inside until after 7:30 in the morning. And if they are inside, then have them pull the curtains shut on their windows facing the street. Surely they must be bothered by the barking also.

I only let my dogs out when my other neighbors aren't around. I have an occasional problem with one house where there's a retired man living there that likes to do some yardwork during the daytime. He's deaf, so actually he isn't bothered by my dogs barking, but I am. The situation is that he will stand and stare out my dogs for a while, which naturally sets them off. If he'd just ignore them and not look at them, they'd be fine. Sigh.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:33 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I'd actually contact the school, describe him and the situation and wait and see if it gets cleared up. On the other hand, you could wait with him one morning and talk to the bus driver directly and find out from him / her where the bus stop ACTUALLY is.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

OMG.... lol I actually LIKE it! HAHA

Old 08-28-2009, 06:37 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
Tell him he could be charged with disorderly conduct, trespassing, disturbing the peace. That will keep him away.lol

Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
lol

OP - call the school and ask where the bus stop is, the school assigns stop areas and the kids have to be at those particular areas in order to be picked up.

Also, why don't you go talk to his mother about the noise and other issues.

OK, I just read your post again, is this your house or your mother's house? If it is your mother's house, ask her to go talk to the boy's mother, maybe that would help. I know I would take care of this if someone told me my son was doing this.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

Yeah! And then, and then sit in your house with the curtains drawn peeking out and laughing your A$$ off!! LOL - I know, my imagination is out of control LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships