Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:21 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You need an automatic sprinkler system timed to start at 7:00 and not shut off until after he gets on the bus and leaves.
That's what I'd do. Have the sprinklers overspray the area he stands at. Or take the waterhose and spray him off the yard. What's he gonna say? You got plants to water!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 10:01 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Calling the cops will probably not solve anything. If anything, they'd probably speak to the dog owners about keeping their dogs quiet. The kid has every right to be there, and I doubt the cops are going to answer a 911 call regarding a teenager who is talking loud and teasing dogs. There have been some good suggestions here which I think are your best options...ask your neighbors to keep the dogs inside until after the school bus departs and set up a sprinkler system at the end of your driveway.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Calling the cops will probably not solve anything. If anything, they'd probably speak to the dog owners about keeping their dogs quiet. The kid has every right to be there, and I doubt the cops are going to answer a 911 call regarding a teenager who is talking loud and teasing dogs. There have been some good suggestions here which I think are your best options...ask your neighbors to keep the dogs inside until after the school bus departs and set up a sprinkler system at the end of your driveway.
He doesnt have the right to be running across my yard, use my flower pots as his trashcans, nor does he have the right to disturb me and my neighbors...I dont have a sprinkler system...at all.

I could just blatantly turn the hose on him though. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:08 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you already talked to him he did not listen, the cops.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
He doesnt have the right to be running across my yard, use my flower pots as his trashcans, nor does he have the right to disturb me and my neighbors...I dont have a sprinkler system...at all.

I could just blatantly turn the hose on him though. Thanks for all the suggestions.
I guess it depends on the size of your town as well. Do you live in a really small town where the cops aren't all that busy and something like this would warrant their interest? Or do you live in a more populated town or city where something like this would be ignored by the local PD? If you live in Mayberry, I suppose Barney Fife would be on the case and promptly show up at your door to give the kid a thorough tongue lashing.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:29 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I guess it depends on the size of your town as well. Do you live in a really small town where the cops aren't all that busy and something like this would warrant their interest? Or do you live in a more populated town or city where something like this would be ignored by the local PD? If you live in Mayberry, I suppose Barney Fife would be on the case and promptly show up at your door to give the kid a thorough tongue lashing.
Smart-arse....I live in a relatively small town, and live quite close to the Sheriff's office in an area that isnt known for its low-crime rate.
Its not Boston....the cops actually come when called.

Either the cops handle it or I do. I refuse to be awakened every morning of the school year at 7 am when by some loud-mouthed teenager I dont even have to be concious.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
First, it isnt JUST my dog. He barks first, I shut him up. There's no control over the neighbors dogs though, and they pretty much surround me.
The second...well..the second highlighted would happen over my dead body.
I have NO idea why this stop is at my house, and every time Ive tried to call the routing coordinator he's either out of his office or in a meeting.
Ha! Obviously I do have a completely different perspective than you, as I HAVE a teenager. Boys sitting on my front porch, or hanging out in my driveway, are positive things for me, since it means that they are not up to no good, somewhere else. So I absolutely do encourage, and enjoy, the kids hanging around my house.

But I do understand that not everyone shares that view, and many people at 7am don't care to be wakened by young voices. I am lucky in that my bedroom is at the back of my house - it would take much more than a group of kids chatting out front to wake me (though I am always up by 7am anyway). Barking dogs are another issue...there is one house behind me that has FOUR dogs, and they used to wake me up every morning with their incessant barking. I think the whole neighborhood had complained to them over it, at one point. But time has solved that issue I think, the dogs have calmed down, gotten used to the neighborhood activities, and no longer make such a racket. Thank GOD.

I repeat my suggestion to speak with the bus driver...usually they are quite accommodating.

Quote:
This kid's got to go. He's been pestering my neighbor as well, and has even asked several times to be let into her house! I'll warn him once more on Monday...after that, away from my driveway he goes, whether by cops or garden hose.
Now THIS is a different story. Asking to be let into the house? Are you sure these kids are not waiting for...well, the short bus???

Old 08-30-2009, 12:32 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Ive already spoken to him this week, and have asked him nicely.He knows what I look like. I flat told him to stand still and not bother the dogs. Still nothing. I dont trust this kid, and dont want my mother involved with anyone that acts as strangely as he does. If (and this is an IF) something were to happen (Cops an attitude, cusses someone out, gets agressive), Id rather it be to me than her, as Im younger and stronger.
Well if for any reason, you can't get the bus stop moved, give this boy a chair to sit on and say that it's for him as long as he behaves himself. Plastic chairs are cheap and even free. I see them all the time in the weekly trash.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,947,231 times
just imanage what he would do if he had to get on the bus with soaking wet clothes.......

few times of that and he might not wanna stand in your yard ya think? Worst that could happen is the cops will come and talk to ya about your rights to water your yard with a tresspasser in it ..

Old 08-30-2009, 10:29 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Now THIS is a different story. Asking to be let into the house? Are you sure these kids are not waiting for...well, the short bus???
I was thinking the same thing...this boy's behavior seems rather unusual for the typical teenager. And how many teens get to the bus stop a half hour early? His poor social skills lead me to believe that he may be "challenged" in some way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships