Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Like I said the hook up culture of practically every college atmosphere is decadent. It doesn't matter what age you are or if you arrived late to college, everybody can always join the hook up culture and ruin themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Let me tell you something you young whippersnapper, it's a myth/fantasy that you will be happy and fulfilled by getting involved with the "hook up culture". As a matter of fact, many of those guys and girls secretly envy the people who have serious, monogamous, stable relationships.

I remember my years of collage ( I dropped out later) I had a serious GF who was also my HS sweet heart and out of all the memories of collage by far the most special memories were when I was with my GF. For example, staying up late painting her toe nails while she was doing her homework in her dorm room or her taking me to her dining hall and stuffing me with all the food I could eat because she had a meal card that was paid for by the collage (she had a scholarship). Regardless, you should have had lots of fun with your x-GF and you should have created enough memories to last you a lifetime being that your/her parents aren't around so I'm wondering if something went wrong.

Anyhow, as far as having fun; why follow the rest of the sheep that degrade themselves through random sex (some get STDs), drinking and stupid party's where people act WORSE then animals?

Why not join a sports team? Why not explore the city you live in? Get involved with a club that might help you with your major/career. Get a part time job to learn something new, meet girls, and get paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
22 isn't too old. I live 10 minutes away from a college town and go to bars there. I'm almost 25. As mentioned go and have fun. Ask the girl if she'll go back to your place. Don't wait for her to initiate. It also helps to have some cool stories, even if they aren't true (you're in a band, you're a doctor, etc.). A drunk girl will either believe it, or know you are full of it but still believe it since she wants to believe it (I think that sentence made sense). You're young, go have fun!

Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
So what you are saying, is that a person couldn't possibly have a one night stand, and still have respect for the opposite sex?
What a sheltered life you must lead.
Do you actually think it matters if you think my life is sheltered? Really? This does explain why you had to ask what was in your friend's husband's head. You can't suss out the basics of wisdom maturity and simple sexual hygeine. I'm so sheltered that I can honestly say that I am drug and disease free and have no neglected babies running about. Wisdom and self-respect.
He wants to kiss the whole party, screw the whole party and do it all again the next day and the next and the next..... Check out his post again. He wants to find freshmen (17-18 years old) who are drinking (illegal because society as a whole believes it's too much for their bodies and maturity level to handle) because he thinks a sober 22 year old wouldn't want to screw him. He's not just trying to have a one-nighter. He's trying to be a predator and take on as many of these young women as possible exposing himself and them to all the diseases each has been exposed to. He's not getting to know them to be sure they have enough self respect to keep their disease exposure low he's just going to screw whatever woman is willing.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:51 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Let me also remind everyone that if you drive a car, you could crash and hurt yourself, and require expensive drugs and/or treatment for the rest of your life. Or you could even die.

Fortunately, the odds of acquiring a life-altering STD -- just like the odd of being in a car crash -- are very low if you take reasonable precautions.

One should not let the unwarranted and irrational fear spread by prudes who are motivated by antipathy toward sex prevent one from having an active, responsible, and pleasurable sex life.
No offense but while driving a car one doesn't always have control over their destiny while with sex one can control that if one wants to that is. With a car one can be at the wrong place at the wrong time and with sex one can just say no again if one wants to.

Some people take the liberal approach (for lack of a better term) and some people the more conservative one.

Whatever floats any of the posters viewpoint boats and may your lives be fulfilling in good health.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:53 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
Men do screw any woman who is willing. That is what we do. That is what males of almost every species do.

Modern political correctness and puritanical nonsense can't change biology. Men are sexually aggressive, that's how it is.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:56 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Do you actually think it matters if you think my life is sheltered? Really? This does explain why you had to ask what was in your friend's husband's head. You can't suss out the basics of wisdom maturity and simple sexual hygeine. I'm so sheltered that I can honestly say that I am drug and disease free and have no neglected babies running about. Wisdom and self-respect.
He wants to kiss the whole party, screw the whole party and do it all again the next day and the next and the next..... Check out his post again. He wants to find freshmen (17-18 years old) who are drinking (illegal because society as a whole believes it's too much for their bodies and maturity level to handle) because he thinks a sober 22 year old wouldn't want to screw him. He's not just trying to have a one-nighter. He's trying to be a predator and take on as many of these young women as possible exposing himself and them to all the diseases each has been exposed to. He's not getting to know them to be sure they have enough self respect to keep their disease exposure low he's just going to screw whatever woman is willing.
If that is his intention, do you honestly think anything anyone on here has to say, is going to stop him? There is a very good chance he will do it, and then feel like crap afterwards. Or that he will get a disease or get someone pregnant..but again he is 22 and should realize these things could happen.

I understand that you and many others on here think it's your purpose in life to spread your "wisdom", however it isn't necessary to attack the people that don't agree with you. Unfortunately that is what usually happens here.

In regards to my friend, I honestly think the reason she gets treated the way she does, is because she puts up with it from the beginning. He speaks to her like she is a child, and when he speaks to her, she sits and pouts like a child. When he doesn't get his way, he does the pouting. They are two "children" that should never have gotten together to create more.

In addition, a son having a mother that basicly treats him as if he can do no wrong, usually grows up to believe it. Which leaves the woman he ends up with to deal with the attitude that his needs matter more than any one else's. This particular man grew up with 5 sisters and a mother that still think he can do no wrong, and everything must be because his wife needs to be on medication.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:59 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
Men do screw any woman who is willing. That is what we do. That is what males of almost every species do.

Modern political correctness and puritanical nonsense can't change biology. Men are sexually aggressive, that's how it is.
LOL! That line reminds me the Nick Marshall character played by Mel Gibson in the "What Women Want" film while he's sitting in the bathroom.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:05 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,394 times
Seriously though. The uptight views about sex I see on this forum are completely unrealistic. If you look out into the real world, you see that human sexual behavior is quite animalistic, it is not logical, thought out and rational.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM

422 posts, read 756,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
For my first 2 years in college I had a serious girlfriend. Being older now, I realize what a big and damaging mistake that was.

Having a serious, long term girlfriend came at the serious cost of me completely failing to learn how to meet other young girls. I never really learned how to socialize with girls or to flirt because I was already with a girl, and I thought I was going to be with her forever.

It's been 2 years since we split up. I'm 22 now. Most people who started college would have graduated by now but I decided to take the slow road and be a 5 or 6 year student, so I got 2 more years to go.

Still, I've always been envious of guys who get to throw all the wild parties and hook up with tonnes of young freshmen girls and have lots of girlfriends and what not.

I can't help but feel like I've missed out all this time.

I don't live on campus, and I commute, so meeting people is a lot harder for me than living in the dorms. I don't have a big social circle. I don't get invited to parties that often, and when I do, I always feel awkward for not knowing anyone, and can't help but hush up unless I'm around my friends.

I really wish I could live the real college life. I want to tap into "hook up culture." I want to go to parties and make out with random girls and have lots of girlfriends but I don't even know how to make it happen.

What do I have to do? I desperately want to make my last 1 or 2 years in college happy and memorable.

How do I tap into the college hook up culture?

sorry dude but your pathetic, hate to say it but you sound just like my brother, has a girlfriend and multiple girls her and there, wants a house, still in college, always fighting with the girls. Here let me give you some advice...FINISH COLLEGE!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,607 times
I don't understand all these posters getting on your case. There's nothing wrong with being a horndog and acting on your natural male instincts wanting to have sex with as many chicks as possible...it's better to get it out of your system when you're young anyway. Because after awhile, "hooking up" gets old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships