U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 PM

985 posts, read 2,188,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil1 View Post
Those things are much harder to become addicted to. Video games are cheap (except if you try to reduce lagg... in which case, you will need to rebuild your computer, as my hubby had to do when you play with a team to win the game, haha I have an awsume computer!) I used to use the excuse much cheaper then going out,,,, not so much ... people (and my kids) need to see my face paying attention to their beautiful dancing and not in the newest raid.
TV/ Netflix are cheap and they're easy to get addicted to. So, your logic is that if there's even a slight possibility of getting addicted to something one shouldn't do it? Well then, I guess I better stop eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 11:51 PM

19 posts, read 39,084 times
Ahhh but most women in this world do have a job, and have to take care of the family needs ( grocery shopping, meals, cleaning.) It takes two to make a relationship work.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
TV/ Netflix are cheap and they're easy to get addicted to. So, your logic is that if there's even a slight possibility of getting addicted to something one shouldn't do it? Well then, I guess I better stop eating.

Lol and if your fat, it is a detriment to your family, and you are going overboard... i guess so. I guess I need to change my loggin now~ lol

Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 PM

358 posts, read 782,340 times
I know plenty of guys that game and are married and/or have kids, but don't let it interfere with their responsibilities.

Gaming, as with EVERYTHING, is harmless in moderation.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Lol and if your fat, it is a detriment to your family, and you are going overboard... i guess so. I guess I need to change my loggin now~ lol

This thread wasn't about people being addicted, it was about people playing video games as a hobby. Huge difference. And, no I'm not fat

Old 09-02-2009, 12:03 AM

4,837 posts, read 7,107,805 times
What do women think of men who still play video games?

"Get out and do the yard work, you lazy jerk off"

"What?!? The dishes aren't done yet?"

"Look at that diaper rash, you a$$hole. And I was only gone 3 hours!"

These comments are provided to scare both parties into doing what is right.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:08 AM

As a reformed gamer, and friend to many wives who not only complained like I did {before the gamer in me came out) but complained about me because I was not against gamers and spoke about gaming to their husbands (whom btw where NOT serious gamers.) Even I was not a serious gamer by gamer measures and yet it was 8 or more hours of my day.--- These games are affecting your life. You may not think about it now... but think, you could be "enhancing you relationship w your wife" or watching your daughters pride as she her first Arabesque. (Which btw I have started teaching my daughter) There are not many opportunitys for your life... make sure you are making a difference.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
As a reformed gamer, and friend to many wives who not only complained like I did {before the gamer in me came out) but complained about me because I was not against gamers and spoke about gaming to their husbands (whom btw where NOT serious gamers.) Even I was not a serious gamer by gamer measures and yet it was 8 or more hours of my day.--- These games are affecting your life. You may not think about it now... but think, you could be "enhancing you relationship w your wife" or watching your daughters pride as she her first Arabesque. (Which btw I have started teaching my daughter) There are not many opportunitys for your life... make sure you are making a difference.
So, basically, I shouldn't read, play sports, sing, take up on any hobby or anything else not neccessary to survive because I might miss out on something. Riiiight. Even the most caring, family oriented, and social people need time to themselves. oh fyi, I don't play video games. Any hobby is fine in moderation, you can't be with family every second of your free time.

What you had was an addiction, no one is saying that's okay.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,408,864 times
Quote:
I hate saying this but most women in this state of their lives are trying to make a family. It requires work. All the time... Mowing the lawn, finding stock investments, getting the car ready for a road trip ( oil, cleaning, carpet cleaning) and dishes, inside cleaning, and food. Its nice that all of you think you have time for leisure... (holds head in couch position waiting for bombs)
Finding stock investments? I've never heard that one before.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM

12,253 posts, read 14,798,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I'm not a woman. I'm just annoyed by the fact that a lot of my buddies would rather sit and play some kiddie video game on a Saturday night rather than gioing out and socializing.
Then get new buddies that like to socialize with other men on Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
How is playing a video game any different than watching a movie, playing cards, go shopping or getting a spa day, watching a sports game, ect.?

I do agree if a guy plays it way too much, it's a problem. However, that's a small portion of the gamers.

It's a way for us guys to unwind, have some time to ourselves (unless your spouse enjoys to play), talk with buddies by playing on-line, and just have our fun. Isn't it better than having your guy going out to the bar (and cheaper)?
There is no difference. When bf plays Iím typically right there on the couch next to him reading a book or a magazine. I hate people talking to me while Iím reading; so what is he supposed to do while Iím reading? Sit quietly and wait for me to finish? Hell there have been times when heís brought the TV from the bedroom into the living (or vice versa) so he can play whatever while Iím watching ANTM marathon or whatever ďOf LoveĒ show happens to be on. I just like the fact that heís home so his gaming doesnít bother me. This winter will be my first official NJ winter so Iím guessing that game will get a lot more face time than it is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships