U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 08:32 AM

364 posts, read 265,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrov84 View Post
I think video game addiction is on par with alcoholism.

They have turned my nephew and cousin into complete losers. They've lost jobs because they spend so much time playing games and letting life pass them by. It's tragic.

Moderation is fine I guess, but I've never been into games. Seems like a time waste when you could be doing something that is a good life skill and fun.. Woman are always shocked that I don't play them and don't even own a system, guess it's pretty common so it must not be a deal breaker.
So it's interesting you brought this up. I know a video game addict, former neighbor in college. He skipped a lot of classes, he was also home schooled and living away from home (I think the transition was too much for him). During exam weeks, I had to ask him to stop playing so loud as late as 4-5am. I remember getting little to no sleep before my last final. After the first term or the first year (I rarely saw him outside his room so I don't remember), he dropped out with like a 1.3 GPA. we did have a lot of casual gamers on our floor, but there were times tie guy played games for days straight.

For me as a teen, video games and the friends I made online was my escape from the real world. Some games like WoW (back in the day, not so much now) turned lot of ppl into addicts. But everyone I know who played eventually quit on their own terms.

For me, career goals and my increasing interest in women swayed me from playing video games daily like I used to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships