U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM

40,045 posts, read 43,972,439 times

Advertisements

I think I'd rather be with a gamer than someone who hunts...can't imagine loving someone who inflicts harm/pain on real creatures for recreation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 PM

28,906 posts, read 41,759,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think I'd rather be with a gamer than someone who hunts...can't imagine loving someone who inflicts harm/pain on real creatures for recreation.
Well, I don't care for hunting personally. But ask a farmer how he feels about deer trampling crops, so I think it performs a vital, if unpleasant, function. That being said, hunting means being gone every weekend. That makes a guy who plays Call Of Duty 10 hours a day slightly more desirable.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:40 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,185,730 times
I can't stand video game addicts! However, I don't mind if they can turn it off and walk away for long periods of time.
My SO plays video games, usually for a few hours when he gets home from work or has nothing better to do, but when I'm around he doesn't play them as much and he can go days without even glancing at the game.
When dinner is ready or there's someplace more important he could be/something more important he could be doing, he has no problem turning off the game and walking away.

I know people (men and women alike) who seem to eat, breathe, and sleep video games and it annoys the crap out of me when they can't even hold a conversation when I'm sitting right next to them because they're "concentrating" on the game. My brother is one of those people.

And as for the hunters, I'd much rather have a relationship with a hunter, because at least they get outside and get some physical activity. Plus, if they hunt with other people there's a better chance they have decent social skills. And a better chance I'll get a nice stew or meal in the end. :]

Old 09-01-2009, 02:52 PM

12,253 posts, read 14,798,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So...I notice that the vast majority of my guy friends that are my age (20's-early 30s) are still playing video games on a regular basis. Most of them just come home from work and hit the XBOX or ps3. I cant stand the things. They bore me to no end, and I'd rather be out doing things in life. Anyways....what do women think about men that play video games? Since a good portion of my friends that are video game addicts are married I'm assuming that most women don't mind??
I love them! I played Nintendo until I got a super Nintendo and played that until I got a playstation and played that until I got an Xbox. My bf and I pretty much cemented our relationship over late night Taco Bell and rounds of Dead or Alive. He's into sports games/ I like the movie themed games (Harry Potter, LOTR) and The Sims. I could play the Sims for hours.

He has a 360 now and I don't really like it so we don't play together as much as we used to.

I had a little joystick that I got from the mall; it had Paperboy, PacMan, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Brothers, Burger Time, etc all the Nintendo classics - some of my friends came over and we were up until 3am having a PacMan tournament.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:03 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,119,860 times
Just like anything, video games in moderation can be good. They can help with hand-eye coordination and they are a good downtime activity.

However, I can understand being frustrated with someone who plays video games constantly. I used to do this when I was younger, but it's been replaced with reading message boards like this one

Just like anything, a harmless video game can turn into an obsession. If a friend ever caught me playing zombieville on the ipod touch for 2 hours, I'd hope they'd smack me. I'm trying to do more reading and writing as that seems more productive to me. However, if someone wants to spend 2 hours playing video games and it's not hurting anyone, I have no problem with it.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM

223 posts, read 715,279 times
I love my new MADDEN 2010!!!!!

and I am playing my video games 4-ever!!!!!!!

It makes me take my mind of some problems that i am sick of thinking about, like my grilfriend!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM

755 posts, read 1,910,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I find irony in seeing someone with 9000+ posts on this forum think that a man who plays video games for more than an hour or two a week is a loser.
Thats pretty funny.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:18 PM

16,225 posts, read 20,656,132 times
Hey....as long as it keeps him at home and out of the bars...
I say...whatever works!

Old 09-01-2009, 03:19 PM

3,852 posts, read 7,491,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
I love my new MADDEN 2010!!!!!

and i playing my video games 4-ever!!!!!!!

It makes me take my mind of some problems that i am sick of thinking about, like my grilfriend!!!!!!!!!
I think your love of video games has disabled your ability to take your finger off the SHIFT + 1 buttons...

Maybe you should fix the problems with your SO before turning your brain off and chaining yourself to a video game. Just a thought.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:20 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,896,973 times
I guess I just lucked out that my SO games with me. She enjoys it, and games when she is alone sometimes as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships