U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM

302 posts, read 701,230 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend reads books, loves to work on his vehicles, takes great care of me, cooks well, loves me.....and plays video games. I might miss him for a few days every now and then when new versions of Call of Duty come out, but eh. He will watch a few terrible shows with me, so I'll give him a few hours a week to play video games. If he was addicted, that would be another story.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 03:46 PM

9,809 posts, read 17,525,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Personally I don't find it a big deal. I have a friend, who when he comes home from work, he'll head straight to the XBox. He plays for about 45 minutes to an hour, and then he's done. It's his way of unwinding and getting rid of the stress of work. I find that he's less agitated and more relaxed when he's done, which means he's more likely to have a productive evening getting work done, making dinner, cleaning, etc. I have my own version of "unwinding" when I get home from work, but that's a topic for another thread

Obviously if it's an addiction, that's a problem.

If he's on it a few hours a week, but still has a life and gets things done, then it's not a bad thing at all.
Good point there. Better than pounding down whiskey's.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM

2,191 posts, read 3,776,293 times
I make 100,000 a year, work out about five to seven hours a week, have a full time job, and also play video games about ten to twenty hours per week. I also find time to volunteer, occasionally work a second job, have a pet, am into photography, and read books. I am single and have more than enough free time to do so. If the weather is good outside I prefer to go mountain climbing, take pictures, or go for a run. Often times it is rainy outside or too cold to do anything, so I play video games. Video games as a hobby is no worse than anything else, infact I'd say its better than television because at least you can interact with people online and work on your hand eye coordination (which is useful in tranferring over to other stuff like actual sports).

Prejudging someone who plays video games as lazy or immature is as stupid as saying because someone has a small tattoo on their arm that they are a retard who is bad with money. Might as well say all people who watch television are addicted to dorritos and cookie dough ice cream. How about all people who text are easy and have had no less than forty sexual partners? If you smoke cigarettes you love oral and coffee. See a trend here?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM

358 posts, read 770,353 times
There's not a damn thing wrong with a guy who plays video games.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
FBJ

39,616 posts, read 42,720,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
So...I notice that the vast majority of my guy friends that are my age (20's-early 30s) are still playing video games on a regular basis. Most of them just come home from work and hit the XBOX or ps3. I cant stand the things. They bore me to no end, and I'd rather be out doing things in life. Anyways....what do women think about men that play video games? Since a good portion of my friends that are video game addicts are married I'm assuming that most women don't mind??

Once again a women wants to criticize something a man enjoys doing before he met her. Maybe he should be stuck up under her butt all day and play with her buttcheeks

Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
FBJ

It's threads like these that make me want ejaculation assistants only. Damm women annoy the hell out of me

Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,716,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Once again a women wants to criticize something a man enjoys doing before he met her. Maybe he should be stuck up under her butt all day and play with her buttcheeks
I'm not a woman. I'm just annoyed by the fact that a lot of my buddies would rather sit and play some kiddie video game on a Saturday night rather than gioing out and socializing.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I'm not a woman. I'm just annoyed by the fact that a lot of my buddies would rather sit and play some kiddie video game on a Saturday night rather than gioing out and socializing.

Kiddie??? It's a video game for grown men. You didn't know they create Video Games for men???????????????????????????????

Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,716,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Kiddie??? It's a video game for grown men. You didn't know they create Video Games for men???????????????????????????????
Yeah, maybe "men" in severe arrested development.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,835,477 times
I'm 40, and my husband is 34. He loves gaming-always "plugged in." It may be a sign of immaturity, laziness, etc. etc. but I don't complain cuz the way I figure, he could be out, doing a LOT worse.
If the WORST thing a woman can say about her man is he spends too much time playing video games, she's better off than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships