Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:58 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,321,824 times

Advertisements

For those wondering, the single mom and I mutually agreed to cool things for awhile...

This other woman I'm dating on and off....we're both the same age (early 50s), she's spunky, outspoken, all that. She also (in my opinion) has an almost flawless face, in that she hardly has any wrinkles - some crow's feet, but ok. Anyway (and I'm NOT making this up!) I always establish direct eye contact when I'm talking with someone...when I'm looking at her, she yells at me, "Quit lookin' at my wrinkles!" I keep telling her that I'm looking at her, not for wrinkles. She thinks people are looking for her flaws, I guess. How can I not laugh?

What gives with people and wrinkles? We can't be kids forever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 08:10 AM

1,265 posts, read 966,310 times
Hand her a tube of preparation H.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,897,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
For those wondering, the single mom and I mutually agreed to cool things for awhile...

This other woman I'm dating on and off....we're both the same age (early 50s), she's spunky, outspoken, all that. She also (in my opinion) has an almost flawless face, in that she hardly has any wrinkles - some crow's feet, but ok. Anyway (and I'm NOT making this up!) I always establish direct eye contact when I'm talking with someone...when I'm looking at her, she yells at me, "Quit lookin' at my wrinkles!" I keep telling her that I'm looking at her, not for wrinkles. She thinks people are looking for her flaws, I guess. How can I not laugh?

What gives with people and wrinkles? We can't be kids forever!
Mod cut.

Anyways, yeah she seems pretty shallow. You need to find someone who loves herself for who they are.

You're right we all get old.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-29-2016 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:59 PM

48,401 posts, read 34,538,432 times
I always thought you were much younger.

I'm glad my husband doesn't get so worked up about my quirks. Christ, he could make a post a day if he were so inclined.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-28-2016, 06:03 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,358,403 times
I prefer to call them "life lines" and at 70, I earned every on e of them.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:07 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,169,155 times
Some things are beyond control. Aging and Death. But sadly, it's just life that people worry about those things. Some find wrinkles unattractive, and they hate having them, they may start to feel washed-up and gross. Same feeling some may have when they start seeing the gray hair. Or when the laugh lines start popping up.

Some don't care anything about the above, but will be completely insecure about something else. And if they notice it, or think it about themselves, they are self-conscious about others seeing it.

My eyes are messed up, and I hate looking at people. If I can see it, other people can too. And it's not cute. So, I wear tinted glasses or shades to keep them hidden in public. I used to pull my hair over 1 eye, but it looks bad when you don't have enough hair for that. lol

Old 09-28-2016, 10:12 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,890,464 times
Geez...maybe she was just messing around, trying to lighten the mood.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:22 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,321,824 times
I just don't understand it. Shoot, I've got crow's feet, laugh lines, gray at my temples...and even missing a few hairs up top but I think it all shows signs of wisdom, to a certain point....

Not everyone can get older and look like Dick Clark! :-)

Old 09-28-2016, 10:56 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,918,201 times
Some people are just insecure about things, I think we all have our insecurities to an extent. I don't like the lines on my forehead and I'm only 33, but apprarently I'm the only one to even notice them and people still think I'm way younger (which is a compliment) even though I don't believe it myself. All depends on what mirror I look in.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:03 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,918,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I just don't understand it. Shoot, I've got crow's feet, laugh lines, gray at my temples...and even missing a few hairs up top but I think it all shows signs of wisdom, to a certain point....

Not everyone can get older and look like Dick Clark! :-)
Just avoid automotive glass, it's the worst.

I feel like I look 23 in my bathroom mirror, I feel like I look 43 when I get a look at myself in automotive glass.

My dad was very vain at the same age I am now, spent a lot of time looking in the mirror and examining himself. He had tons of crows feet when he was in his 30's, yet people thought he was in 20's still, like people think about me now. I don't have the crows feet yet, unless I really squint my face hard. He had them just from lightly smiling. I take after my mom more, she had/has much better skin. I feel like my cheeks are sagging from my face being too thin. My mom got real skinny about 10 years ago and had it, she seems to have it even less now, she's at a healthy weight and not deathly skinny. I don't have any gray yet, I've seen a half a dozen pieces of gray since I was about 18 or 19. I've got all my hair too, which is unheard of for males in my family, most of them didn't make it to 30 without any significant receding already going on or even completely gone. My sister is 26 and has been getting gray hair since she was about 11 or 12. It's mostly just long strands in her hair, which are easy to pluck out. It's not like an entire area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships