Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Fan

65 posts, read 206,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Now that's a hard one. I ain't never met a lobster I didn't eat.

She can ask for a doggy bag :P '' Thanks but the lobster sucks - my cat might enjoy it!'' Ha ha ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:03 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,590,593 times
PassTheChocolate,

I don't know if you already answered this (and if you have, forgive me), but when you say you sent him a blurry picture, exactly what do you mean? If I asked for a picture or saw one on a dating site and it was shot from a distance so that you couldn't really make out the details of their face, that probably wouldn't bother me too much. Usually, when I want to see a picture, it's just to confirm the person isn't older or larger than they say. The pic doesn't need to a professional head shot where I can tell what eye color they have or how full their lips are. So when you say blurry, was it a bad photo or was it just shot from a distance or are you just really small in the picture?

Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,066,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
What's funny is that the same people complaining about not getting a photo would turn around and question any photo they receive. Is this a recent photo? How do I know this is you?

It's also funny how people see dating as some kind of game where each side is assumed to be tricking the other. If you're someone who's entertaining the idea of a setup, online dating, speed dating, or something else, go in with an open mind. But if walk in looking for signs that the other person is trying to deceive you, then you're better off staying clear. I would never want to date someone who's already biased against the whole process.

I agree with PTC. It's sad that a person's concern for their privacy can't be accepted at face value, but is termed an excuse to just be secretive.
unfair dating practices, want lots of personal info on you but you are kept on a need to know basis. i have seen internat dating talk shows where owners of dating clinics for women teach the gals to misrepresent. they get paid to do this. as to the OP, men are wary of women who are heavy spenders. there is a reason soldiers drive armored vehicles in bagdad.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,602,607 times
Quote:
PassTheChocolate,

I don't know if you already answered this (and if you have, forgive me), but when you say you sent him a blurry picture, exactly what do you mean? If I asked for a picture or saw one on a dating site and it was shot from a distance so that you couldn't really make out the details of their face, that probably wouldn't bother me too much. Usually, when I want to see a picture, it's just to confirm the person isn't older or larger than they say. The pic doesn't need to a professional head shot where I can tell what eye color they have or how full their lips are. So when you say blurry, was it a bad photo or was it just shot from a distance or are you just really small in the picture?
I used to come across several blurred face pics with full lips

Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,497,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I won't know that they're useless until I try to get to know them. I gave it a shot. Thankfully, this was only 10 minutes of my life. I agree with you wholeheartedly; life is short. The right guy will come along, no hurries.
Ten minutes isn't enough time to "get to know someone". I'd say you didn't give it a shot.

Still, it IS your choice and I have to applaud that. First impressions are important for some people.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:01 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,488,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ten minutes isn't enough time to "get to know someone". I'd say you didn't give it a shot.

Still, it IS your choice and I have to applaud that. First impressions are important for some people.
Thanks.

10 minutes is enough time to decide you don't want to get to know someone. There many ways to annihilate a first impression. I gave it a shot in opening myself up to getting to know him and in trying to work with him while still maintaining my boundaries. It wasn't the biggest, most generous of shots, but it was a shot.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,488,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
unfair dating practices, want lots of personal info on you but you are kept on a need to know basis. i have seen internat dating talk shows where owners of dating clinics for women teach the gals to misrepresent. they get paid to do this. as to the OP, men are wary of women who are heavy spenders. there is a reason soldiers drive armored vehicles in bagdad.
I'm confused. What about my communication with him indicated I was a heavy spender? Offering to pay for my own lunch?

Quote:
PassTheChocolate,

It is a good sized photo, pretty close up from my head to about my knees. I attached this photo of J.Lo so you can see how close up, it is about the same distance. I blurred out my face from about my eyebrows to my upper lip.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships