Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM

63 posts, read 246,225 times

Advertisements

Okay, the other thread got way out of hand. I thank you guys who were supportive and gave sincere advice, but I was shocked by how stuckup some other people were.

Having premarital, non-commital sex does NOT equal AIDS. (I live in America, not Africa)

Having sex with a girl whose had only 1 or 2 beers but is still coherent is NOT "taking advantage" of her.

I don't understand the prudishness and hostility, considering that I've never even done it and just want to know what it's like, since it's happening without me anyway.

I thought I might just ask a more detailed, specific question.

I'm hanging around the student center right now. Everyday, between 11:00 and 3:00 it's packed with people, more than any other time of the day.

It seems very similar to a club or a bar. Sure, it's during the day and there isn't loud music playing. But still, there're tonnes of beautiful young girls everywhere (tanned skin, glossed hair, miniskirts and short shorts, Ed Harvey and Abercrombie tanks and so on).

They're always in groups of people, (whether it be in 2, 3, 5) with guys or with girls). Pretty girls never seem to be by themselves. They all huddle around the middle of the room while the "loners" (mostly males) sit on the periphery, reading, studying or just people watching.

What do I have to do? How do I break into one of these groups and talk to these young girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 09:18 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Stop being creepy and hanging out leering in the student union...you are older than they are too so that might come off even creepier.

Once you lose the creepy, look at the books they are carrying and see if there is a subject where you have a common professor or interest in that you can remark on. What you do after that is up to you.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Seems your social skills need some polishing. Don't attack the pack, wait till a desired target strays away, then approach in a non threatening way. Make casual remark or joke, if she responds with more than a one word answer, try to extend the converstaion a little to the point of an introduction. If she gives you a one word answer or bristles or tightens up her body go find girl #2.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Seems your social skills need some polishing. Don't attack the pack, wait till a desired target strays away, then approach in a non threatening way.
I've seen this technique on animal planet with the puma and gazelle.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:35 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,096 times
Feel how you want, but the Africa comment was ignorant.

There are a lot of Americans right now carrying bombshells because they feel they are above contacting the disease. The difference between here and Africa is that we have a plethora of information surrounding STDs, where in Africa they don't.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
I went to college to study, not get laid

Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM

951 posts, read 1,810,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
Feel how you want, but the Africa comment was ignorant.
No. Perhaps somewhat insensitive, but bang on. The African experience is a lot of low price prostitution with men travelling far and wide and having multiple (often dozens of) partners.

This is hardly the situation on campus.

This doesn't mean there is no risk, but in North America, the risk is from IV drug use and associated contacts.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 AM

951 posts, read 1,810,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I went to college to study, not get laid
I went to college to get laid but when this left lots of time on my hands, I had to do something with it.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:12 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Stop being creepy and hanging out leering in the student union...you are older than they are too so that might come off even creepier.

Once you lose the creepy, look at the books they are carrying and see if there is a subject where you have a common professor or interest in that you can remark on. What you do after that is up to you.
Nice twist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships