U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM

20 posts, read 67,032 times

Advertisements

Here's the background...I started dating one of them, I'll call him "A" at the very beginning of the summer. He got out of a 3 1/2 year relationship so we are just taking things slow. I didn't think it was going anywhere b/c it felt very casual, but most recently things have changed and I feel like the feelings for both of us are growing, slowly. We have never had a talk about us..

The other one "B" is someone I dated for a few weeks back in Jan. The timing was bad, he just got out of something and i was a bit of an emotional mess and we didnt really talk for a few months. He got back in touch with me about 1 month ago and we started dating. Again, I didn't have strong feelings for "A" at the time and I figured I'm not committed to anyone so let's just see where it goes.

Now here I am, with strong feelings for both. B knows about A and has recently told me he wants to give me more, but is holding back, and I do understand why.

I feel like I need to chose 1 and I do just want one boyfriend, but I'm scared of making the wrong choice b/c I really care about them both!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,326,901 times
Pick for yourself not because someone else is trying to make you before you are ready. B sounds like a manipulator to me.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 PM

9,444 posts, read 15,413,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmg80 View Post
Here's the background...I started dating one of them, I'll call him "A" at the very beginning of the summer. He got out of a 3 1/2 year relationship so we are just taking things slow. I didn't think it was going anywhere b/c it felt very casual, but most recently things have changed and I feel like the feelings for both of us are growing, slowly. We have never had a talk about us..

The other one "B" is someone I dated for a few weeks back in Jan. The timing was bad, he just got out of something and i was a bit of an emotional mess and we didnt really talk for a few months. He got back in touch with me about 1 month ago and we started dating. Again, I didn't have strong feelings for "A" at the time and I figured I'm not committed to anyone so let's just see where it goes.

Now here I am, with strong feelings for both. B knows about A and has recently told me he wants to give me more, but is holding back, and I do understand why.

I feel like I need to chose 1 and I do just want one boyfriend, but I'm scared of making the wrong choice b/c I really care about them both!
I'm not sure how old you are and my advice would be different for someone older, but if you are in your 20s here it is:

Why rush? Give it more time, but just be upfront, eventually one of them will fall out either on his own or you will find things you don't like about him. Just watch. I was in similar situations all through my college years. What can I say, I liked to have options.
Trust me - things will fall into place eventually.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:48 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,913,703 times
Pick the one who wants the same future life that you do. Best with similar outlooks, similar likes and dislikes.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:53 PM

3,088 posts, read 7,784,908 times
Be with them both. Nothing like a little dp.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 PM

37,134 posts, read 45,653,323 times
You should not chose until the choice becomes clear to you. There is a chance that neither one is the right one. Leave yourself open and give it more time...don't force it.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:

This thread is why dating sucks

Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 PM

45 posts, read 67,148 times
i know what your going through, ive actually dated more than just 2 guys at the same time.. but they all knew of the others and i didnt want a commitment at the time, then they all wanted more... very hard situation... and i ended up hurting some guys... but true, be honest with yourself and them, and wait til u know what u want... worked for me.. actually, my hubby was a fling to me for an entire summer, he wanted more i didnt.. i was seeing him among others, then whack.... out of no where i fell for him, left the other guys, and now we r together w a kid...

Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,070,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm not sure how old you are and my advice would be different for someone older, but if you are in your 20s here it is:

Why rush? Give it more time, but just be upfront, eventually one of them will fall out either on his own or you will find things you don't like about him. Just watch. I was in similar situations all through my college years. What can I say, I liked to have options.
Trust me - things will fall into place eventually.
I agree. Let the situation play itself out. One will fall by the wayside.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,733,198 times
Quote:

There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Make a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or