Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is picking your nose OK?
Both farting and picking noses is perfectly OK. My partner and I do both. Yummy times! 18 50.00%
Oh no WAY! I would not do EITHER! It's totally uncalled for. 12 33.33%
I will fart, but I won't pick my nose. I cannot justify why. 2 5.56%
I do not fart, but I pick my nose all the time and I do not care who sees. I am the person you see at the stop light. 1 2.78%
Neither, but I love to pick other peoples noses. 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,623,952 times

Advertisements

Boogers are natural. We all get them - or at least, if you are breathing, you should be anyway.

Some people say that farting is natural and therefore it is OK to just let them rip in front of their partner, trying to justify it that it's like sneezing - it happens! Some people would not even dare and find it offensive.

So does that mean that picking your boogers is OK to do as well? No tissue. Just picking.

If you have farting contests - this must mean that booger contests are fair game as well? It's natural - therefore acceptable after all, right?

Why is farting OK and why is booger picking not OK? Or is it OK?

I'd like to hear from the farters. Do you pick your nose - why or why not? If your partner giggles at your farts while watching TV - would they laugh and be comfortable if you picked your nose during an hour show on the couch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 01:12 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,972,704 times
Ugh, I can't believe I'm getting into this...but....

Farting is natural, picking your nose instead of using a tissue isn't. I saw a guy doing the latter outside of my office last week and almost threw up.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,489,321 times
LMAO. The visuals are making me gag.

Farting is natural, yes. But when at all possible, do it where no one is subjected to the stench. Same goes for boogers. Keep it covered.

I have a rule that if it comes out of your body, flush it or keep it out of the sight, smell and personal space of others.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

Farting is natural, yes. But when at all possible, do it where no one is subjected to the stench.
Agreed.

At the risk of being labeled as one of those immature "laughing at farts" people, I have to say that I had a "fart experience" which made me chuckle at the time, and still makes me laugh when I think about it. Last month, I had the utterly exciting experience of taking the Bar exam in a room with about 200 of my closest friends. We were in the middle of one of the sessions when the woman in front of me let out a fart that literally sounded like she had sat on a whoopie cushion. It did my heart good to take a quick glance around and see a couple of people letting out a quiet chuckle. Talk about a tension breaker...

Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,489,321 times
I can laugh at people who actually do it for fun. And when you are living with someone, you're bound to come across it. But all the time, all day long, in front of anyone - not so much.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
But all the time, all day long, in front of anyone - not so much.
That's just gross, and probably indicative of a serious intestinal problem.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:45 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,623,952 times
Catching someone picking their nose without a tissue isn't quite so amusing though. Years ago, when my ex-husband and I came home one night, the babysitter was caught digging in her nose on the couch when she did not hear us come in and I never called her back again. The amusing part of it is when someone is caught picking their nose, they try to pull it off by continuing to scratch their nose saying, "I have just the worst itch in my nose!" Well, when you have an itch in your nose, half of your finger doesn't disappear for seconds at a time and doesn't twist and turn. Booger picking to me is slightly more offensive than farting, actually. I would not want to kiss a known/caught booger picker.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,467,625 times
When I was in the USAF, people in my job were called "Nose Pickers" because you have to entertain yourself while waiting for your aircraft to return...

Old 08-30-2009, 02:03 PM

2,765 posts, read 8,294,727 times
we just had a thread on farting

Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,941,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
we just had a thread on farting
I think she knows that. lol. She is spinning off my comment that passing gas is like sneezing - it happens.

Like I said, as long as it's not juvenile, joking farting contests, I am not going to be uptight about someone letting one go.

As far as picking your nose - as mishigas said - it is completely different to shove a finger up your nose and dig around than it is to pass gas. Apples and oranges!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships