U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,581 times

Advertisements

I know how I知 going to approach this but I have a question (mainly for the ladies) but an opinion or two is appreciated. I知 taking this a day & date at a time but I知 curious as to why a 45 year old female who is 努alk into a wall good looking, has a great career both money & prestige wise as well as a history of financial success would ask an unemployed 50 year old man out. Due to my current situation I知 斗aying low as far as relationships go but I couldn稚 reject her invitation for a date. The first date went well and a 2nd date is on for tomorrow. If we continue to see one another a few more times I値l askBut for now I知 curious what others think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 10:41 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,538,230 times
She must find your attractive, good company, or she`s just horny.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,472,581 times
Don't forget to sing her this song tomorrow

YouTube - Martha My Dear - The Beatles (1968)

Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 PM

4,466 posts, read 8,417,975 times
Maybe she likes guys that are unemployed so she can feel superior or maybe she thinks you're a great guy. So yeah I advice you to keep dating her to see wat she is all about.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM

15,088 posts, read 17,507,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihmjon View Post
I know how I知 going to approach this but I have a question (mainly for the ladies) but an opinion or two is appreciated. I知 taking this a day & date at a time but I知 curious as to why....
Maybe she likes you. Don't think too hard about it and have a good time.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:53 AM

25,953 posts, read 26,676,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Maybe she likes you. Don't think too hard about it and have a good time.

Ditto and I speak from some experience. Women in that position do not NEED a man, they WANT them which is actually to your benefit - I'd rather be wanted than needed. You're looking at it from a 1950's standpoint of a woman needing a man to support her. Relax. Have a great time.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:21 AM

3,258 posts, read 8,023,460 times
Maybe, just maybe she's independent enough NOT to be after someone for their money, because she has her own. Chances are at 45 she's dated enough corporate sleazes to know a decent man when she sees him.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:50 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,187,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Ditto and I speak from some experience. Women in that position do not NEED a man, they WANT them which is actually to your benefit - I'd rather be wanted than needed. You're looking at it from a 1950's standpoint of a woman needing a man to support her. Relax. Have a great time.
I absolutely agree with you. I am a woman in the same situation.
I don't need a man to take care of me, but I have the freedom to enjoy the company of a man that makes me happy.
Be your charming self and just see what happens.
On the other hand, if she is paying for the dates, that probably will hurt you emotionally so you better find a job fast. Otherwise, being from our generation, you will grow to resent her and she probably doesn't deserve that.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 AM

47,576 posts, read 60,475,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jihmjon View Post
I know how I知 going to approach this but I have a question (mainly for the ladies) but an opinion or two is appreciated. I知 taking this a day & date at a time but I知 curious as to why a 45 year old female who is 努alk into a wall good looking, has a great career both money & prestige wise as well as a history of financial success would ask an unemployed 50 year old man out. Due to my current situation I知 斗aying low as far as relationships go but I couldn稚 reject her invitation for a date. The first date went well and a 2nd date is on for tomorrow. If we continue to see one another a few more times I値l askBut for now I知 curious what others think.

I don't know if it's really worth asking her, she may not really know why either.

It could be that she sees your current unemployment as a temporary situation and knows you have more potential - but - it could be a subconscious need for power in the relationship.

It's just like some men "need" a woman that earns much less, there are women that don't want an equal partnership for reasons of their own.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:51 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,222,737 times
A woman like that doesnt need a man to take care of her. She takes what she wants from things and its really as simple as that. You don't get to that level not knowing people lose jobs etc. The difference in women like that (or people in general) is after failure..they keep going. Probably you are a hot 50 year old too. Those are rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or