U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,723,242 times
Reputation: 591

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Haha, please... I've said it before, men are pigs! Not trying to be mean towards men/gay people , but that's just the way men are. The vast majority of men would so go for a hook up.
MOD Cut Language

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-07-2009 at 03:38 AM..

 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,293,055 times
Reputation: 10955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Well I'm sure a rape victim will appreciate your comparison to 2 consenting adults having fun and eating liver.
She probably didn't want casual sex either...

You never answered my other question. These things that are crimes...why so? I mean, they must appeal to SOME people, so it's all good, right? How dare we speak up against something that SOME people enjoy and want to do...?

As far as your "consenting adults" goes...what if the two adults had different expectations of where it was heading? What if one wanted a relationship, and the other wanted a casual hookup and that's all? And no one was upfront about what the intended outcome was?
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,723,242 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Obviously you must have SOME idea of the issues here. I doubt you live in a cave. But I'll bite, and give you my own thoughts. I have HAD casual sex, certainly, in the past. Many times. Too many I'm sure. However that was never my goal. My goal was always to find something special. I really think we all (?) want that, no matter how cynical and jaded we become and sound here on CD. If you are a person than really does WANT just casual sex, with no strings or emotional attachment, and no thought to the possibility that it could become more, to me, indicates that you are someone that I could never relate to, and never understand. It makes you very unattractive as a human being, because you have lost (if you ever had it) that part of humanity that I hold most dear - the desire to love romantically and be deliriously happy with another. That doesn't mean we need to mope around in the meantime, of course (I sure don't!) but to NOT want more than that, well I would call that sad. Truly, I would.

It may sound tremendously corny and "out-of-style", but I stand by it. Love is what makes the world go round buddy, always has, and always will.
Well I feel like I am more connected to my humanity then a lot of sexist, women here who would want to lower half of humanity to the same level as "pigs". I do not try to brush off the horrible experience of being raped by compare it to eating liver. An I certainty would not claim that you have lost your humanity because you like sex.
Some of you have shown how quickly you are lower me to less then human, on such arbitrary grounds that I disagree with something you have said.. I would ask you to take a good look at yourself, before telling me that I have lost any part of my humanity.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,293,055 times
Reputation: 10955
Animals "enjoy" sex too...as a physical thing. Humans are supposed to be more enlightened.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:25 PM
 
25,837 posts, read 32,819,246 times
Reputation: 31810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
An I certainty would not claim that you have lost your humanity because you like sex.
Some of you have shown how quickly you are lower me to less then human, on such arbitrary grounds that I disagree with something you have said.. I would ask you to take a good look at yourself, before telling me that I have lost any part of my humanity.
I didn't say that, nothing even close to it.

I have no problems looking in the mirror, every day.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,723,242 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
She probably didn't want casual sex either...

You never answered my other question. These things that are crimes...why so? I mean, they must appeal to SOME people, so it's all good, right? How dare we speak up against something that SOME people enjoy and want to do...?
That is a silly question, because everyone who has every thought about it, and actually smarter then a 2 year old would have worked out that, I don't want to be raped, killed, or have my stuff plus a huge list of other things I don't want to happen to me, while being fair to others... So what do we do, we make laws in attempt to stop people from doing these things.
Rape is not sex. If you are going to be deliberately obtuse I will no longer reply to you.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:29 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,723,242 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I didn't say that, nothing even close to it.

I have no problems looking in the mirror, every day.
Yet you would claim that I have lost some of my humanity because of this thing that I like - which in fact I have no real control over.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,723,242 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Animals "enjoy" sex too...as a physical thing. Humans are supposed to be more enlightened.
Animals also enjoy great tasting food too. As a physical thing. Humans are supposed to be more enlightened.
Your bias is astounding.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,293,055 times
Reputation: 10955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
That is a silly question, because everyone who has every thought about it, and actually smarter then a 2 year old would have worked out that, I don't want to be raped, killed, or have my stuff plus a huge list of other things I don't want to happen to me, while being fair to others... So what do we do, we make laws in attempt to stop people from doing these things.
Rape is not sex. If you are going to be deliberately obtuse I will no longer reply to you.
And I don't want to have casual hookups. There are plenty of people who think that sex should mean more than just a casual thing. There might even be some pain and suffering involved with someone who's casual with them about sex.
 
Old 09-06-2009, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 41,293,055 times
Reputation: 10955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Animals also enjoy great tasting food too. As a physical thing. Humans are supposed to be more enlightened.
Your bias is astounding.
Animals really don't care what they eat...for the most part. Consider dogs that are more than happy to literally eat crap and drink out of the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top