U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 06:33 PM

27,236 posts, read 41,311,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Animals also enjoy great tasting food too. As a physical thing. Humans are supposed to be more enlightened.
Your bias is astounding.
Pro-human bias? Please...keep them coming. You should go on the road and do stand-up.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:35 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,724,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Animals really don't care what they eat...for the most part. Consider dogs that are more than happy to literally eat crap and drink out of the toilet.
Obviously you don't give treats to your dog.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
And I don't want to have casual hookups. There are plenty of people who think that sex should mean more than just a casual thing. There might even be some pain and suffering involved with someone who's casual with them about sex.
You must be a child, who doesn't not understand the concept of 2 consenting adults. Unless you have something intelligent to say, I will no longer respond too you.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Obviously you don't give treats to your dog.
Don't have a dog. Still, animals and people are different.

Aren't they?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
You must be a child, who doesn't not understand the concept of 2 consenting adults. Unless you have something intelligent to say, I will no longer respond too you.
I get the idea of two consenting adults. You don't get the concept that these two people might have DIFFERENT expectations out of a sexual union.

One person might think that it's just for that one night, and the other might think it's leading to a lifetime commitment. I have NEVER had sex without wanting a lifetime commitment with the person. I have NEVER had sex within a week of meeting someone--only after getting to know them for several weeks.

And I'm a guy--one of those people another poster characterized as "pigs". I have to deal with the B.S. because most men ARE pigs...even if I'm not! This really ticks me off! You and your casual hookups make ME look bad--because while it's not what I'm after, too many men are!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:46 PM

25,860 posts, read 32,856,549 times
Quote:
Yet you would claim that I have lost some of my humanity because of this thing that I like - which in fact I have no real control over.
Again you misread.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 PM

"no control over"?

How is that even possible? Do you sleep with every woman you meet, just attack her on the street? No? Then obviously you DO have some control over it. You might not have control over your DESIRES, but you have every control over your actions--unless there's a problem with you, and we should lock you away for society's sake.

There's plenty of people I've WANTED to hit--but never did. I've controlled my baser instincts when it is better for me, in the long run, to do so.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Again you misread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
because you have lost (if you ever had it) that part of humanity
Wow! I think you are right...

Old 09-06-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
"no control over"?

How is that even possible? Do you sleep with every woman you meet, just attack her on the street? No? Then obviously you DO have some control over it. You might not have control over your DESIRES, but you have every control over your actions--unless there's a problem with you, and we should lock you away for society's sake.

There's plenty of people I've WANTED to hit--but never did. I've controlled my baser instincts when it is better for me, in the long run, to do so.
You just take what i say and only hear what you want to hear don't you.
I usually only see this behavior in the religious, I did not expect to find it here.
Why would I sleep with every woman I meet? I have no control over what I like, or dislike.
I guessing you need an example. Did I choose to find some women sexually attractive? No. Did I choose to dislike pain. No. Did I choose to like ice cream. No.
I have control over my actions, but not what I want.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM

Actually, I didn't notice your post, I saw it quoted by someone else.

How do you NOT have control--that was the question. And you just answered it. The same way that I would have actually answered.

But I don't feel a need to act on my every desire--in fact, I don't feel a need to act on MOST of my desires. It's a "control" thing. I like to be fully in control of what I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or