Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 04:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
Ah, I see the pleasure police are out in full force.

What two consenting adults choose to do behind closed doors is nobody's business but their's. There is nothing inherently wrong with casual sex. If two people find they have great sexual chemistry but also realize that circumstances, personality differences prevent them from being formally a couple then good for them. Just manage it responsibly like any other aspect of your life.

People have all kinds of hobbies and among them are those who make sex one of those avocations. And I must say, it is one of the more fun ones.

It is also a fact that women trade sex for security. If they didn't, you wouldn't have the trophy wives phenomenon. Yet, no feminist I know of has inveighed against that phenomenon ever if, ethically, you can see it as a societally accepted form of prostitution.

So against the background of that, to then criticize folks engaging in casual sex is just inane, no matter what fearmongering you may try to invoke against it. Really, like I always say, minding one's own business is a virtue.
The problem is, we aren't talking about men and women - we are talking about a college student who thinks it's just fine to want to bang as many 18 year olds as he can

Old 09-05-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
But who said that every man who wants casual sex is taking advantage of a woman? I don't understand these rather ridiculous idea that women are this porcelain, super sensitive dolls who don't enjoy random sex.

Of course this doesn't apply to all cases but women can't always be seen as the 'poor victims'.
Again, we are not talking about women - you must have missed all the other threads this boy has created the last few days.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:25 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
That's the problem with parents. They don't teach their kids values or common logic. Believe me, I was in a culture shock when I went to college. I was surrounded by idiots that were passing chemistry and algebra with A's and B's. Just because students can excel in the SAT and pass algebra exams doesn't mean anything when it comes to real life situations, relationships, or common logic. The several years I was in college was unpleasantly similar to junior high. It was like people in their twenties permanently stagnated themselves at the age of 14. This thread doesn't surprise me. They actually enjoy being immature and moronic. They have no pleasure in bettering themselves nor in seeking better relationships with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The problem is, we aren't talking about men and women - we are talking about a college student who thinks it's just fine to want to bang as many 18 year olds as he can

Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Any body used for sex whether it be male or female is in a bad situation. Think of it this way. Why open up your body and expose your body to some ungrateful selfish greedy person? The person having sex with you doesn't see you as a valuable human being but a thing to dump his seed into. Doesn't that make you feel like a low quality cretin?
I agree Artsy It's all about respect, self respect and lack of it.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:32 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobE View Post
Ah, I see the pleasure police are out in full force.

What two consenting adults choose to do behind closed doors is nobody's business but their's. There is nothing inherently wrong with casual sex. If two people find they have great sexual chemistry but also realize that circumstances, personality differences prevent them from being formally a couple then good for them. Just manage it responsibly like any other aspect of your life.

People have all kinds of hobbies and among them are those who make sex one of those avocations. And I must say, it is one of the more fun ones.

It is also a fact that women trade sex for security. If they didn't, you wouldn't have the trophy wives phenomenon. Yet, no feminist I know of has inveighed against that phenomenon ever if, ethically, you can see it as a societally accepted form of prostitution.

So against the background of that, to then criticize folks engaging in casual sex is just inane, no matter what fearmongering you may try to invoke against it. Really, like I always say, minding one's own business is a virtue.
IF both are seeking the same thing. Not if one is seeking a relationship and the other wants a random hookup. If both do, then that's great for them. But don't promise me a relationship if you just want a random hookup--and I'm a GUY, by the way.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:35 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Basically what we have here is a 22 year old going through a mid-life crisis already

Old 09-05-2009, 04:35 PM

I lowered my standards and said that we can do the hook up but only if we maintain a supportive friendship and keep the option open for further hooking up in the future. It has failed all of the time. Nobody follows through with anything. Idiots I tell you, complete idiots

It taught me to live happily without foreplay or sexual relationships. I am happier than ever before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
IF both are seeking the same thing. Not if one is seeking a relationship and the other wants a random hookup. If both do, then that's great for them. But don't promise me a relationship if you just want a random hookup--and I'm a GUY, by the way.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:36 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Basically what we have here is a 22 year old going through a mid-life crisis already
lol.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:37 PM

Have you been to college. Over half of the college kids today are jerks going through mid-life crisis. Not that I'm saying the OP is one of those but it has been my observation that chronic dysfunction amongst college students is common. They tend to have their academics in order but when it comes to real life situations it is nothing but chaos and drama that they love to instigate and feed off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have you been to college. Over half of the college kids today are jerks going through mid-life crisis. Not that I'm saying the OP is one of those but it has been my observation that chronic dysfunction amongst college students is common. They tend to have their academics in order but when it comes to real life situations it is nothing but chaos and drama that they love to instigate and feed off of.
Oh yes, I've been to college and I hear what you're saying! It's why I never dated any guy in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships