U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:06 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
34,402 posts, read 23,741,227 times
Reputation: 7695

Advertisements

So what type of tv shows do you enjoy watching? I'm not asking the question because I don't have a interest in going outside, just trying to get to know her.


The answer I get a lot is-"I REALLY DON"T WATCH MUCH TV"


We all know that is a lie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,574 posts, read 3,265,031 times
Reputation: 2513
I do not watch a lot of TV. No lie. I am a computer addict. It gives me more control over what I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
34,402 posts, read 23,741,227 times
Reputation: 7695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I do not watch a lot of TV. No lie. I am a computer addict. It gives me more control over what I see.
So the TV in your house is never on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 13,823,082 times
Reputation: 4470
I'd answer honestly. I rarely watch network tv. I almost NEVER watch sports, except if like, last week, the Yankees were pounding the Red Sox.

Do men want to hear you LOVE sports? I don't and thankfully my husband doesn't watch them at all. He prefers to run or workout in real life, not watch it on tv.

I guess the ladies you are asking are afraid you will think they are stupid if they say "Hell's Kitchen" or soap operas or 'cooking shows.'

I like Travel Channel and Food Network, History Channel, Discovery, PBS. I also see many cartoons and kids shows because that is what my son likes...(though I like Simpsons and Spongebob!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 26,829,104 times
Reputation: 10592
My room mate has a few shows she records--but she never seems to find the time to watch them. She was complaining about running out of space the other day--but it's her own fault since she's always out running around with her boyfriend, and doesn't watch the shows WITH him when he's here.

Seems they spend most of their time together in the bedroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
34,402 posts, read 23,741,227 times
Reputation: 7695
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I'd answer honestly. I rarely watch network tv. I almost NEVER watch sports, except if like, last week, the Yankees were pounding the Red Sox.

Do men want to hear you LOVE sports? I don't and thankfully my husband doesn't watch them at all. He prefers to run or workout in real life, not watch it on tv.

I guess the ladies you are asking are afraid you will think they are stupid if they say "Hell's Kitchen" or soap operas or 'cooking shows.'


And see that's why I hate dating because every is programmed to lie and tell me something hey THINK i want to hear. Can people just be real and not lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 13,823,082 times
Reputation: 4470
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And see that's why I hate dating because every is programmed to lie and tell me something hey THINK i want to hear. Can people just be real and not lie?
Yes, SOME people can be real and not lie. People secure in themselves and in their place in the world can tell the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,237 posts, read 26,829,104 times
Reputation: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And see that's why I hate dating because every is programmed to lie and tell me something hey THINK i want to hear. Can people just be real and not lie?
I watch TV sometimes--but I'm not doing so right now, when I'm not giving it my full attention. I watch some network TV, but prefer science and history programs, for the most part. Some network shows I've given a chance, and I've liked some of them:"Mental" and "The Mentalist", but others I don't care much for ("The Listener" for example).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
34,402 posts, read 23,741,227 times
Reputation: 7695
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I watch TV sometimes--but I'm not doing so right now, when I'm not giving it my full attention. I watch some network TV, but prefer science and history programs, for the most part. Some network shows I've given a chance, and I've liked some of them:"Mental" and "The Mentalist", but others I don't care much for ("The Listener" for example).
The next female who says-"I don't watch tv" I'm hanging up on her ear because I don't have time for lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
 
24,533 posts, read 14,604,055 times
Reputation: 24910
Some people, out of your league I'm sure, actually like and know how to read more than the back of a fruit loops box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top