U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 PM

4,248 posts, read 8,119,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
it's almost as though this woman has a hefty life insurance policy on him. Why else would a mother not encourage her own son to lose weight, especially one who is young and so morbidly obese?
She may not wish for him to die, but to have him to herself, by keeping him looking unappealing to other women.

Our neighbor, a single man, is 51 and a mama's boy. Over 7 years, I've seen about 10 women come and stay for a while with him, and go away... No one can compare to his mother... even though he tries to find a woman, goes to social spots. His mother looks an ordinary white-haired senior citizen, yet the strength of their relationship borders on creepy. Some mothers raise -- brainwash -- their sons just to have them for themselves, - selfish and calculating women.

"A boy's best friend is his mother." -- Norman Bates, Psycho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 PM

10,996 posts, read 11,444,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
She may not wish for him to die, but to have him to herself, by keeping him looking unappealing to other women.
Probably cause she(the mother) enjoys his paycheck a little too much.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:11 PM

9,390 posts, read 17,324,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post

"A boy's best friend is his mother." -- Norman Bates, Psycho
Oh gawd! Coming to your local theater soon, Psycho III, co-starring the Big Tuna from Florida and JeepGirl. Let's keep it pure fiction, okay?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:13 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,870,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Probably cause she(the mother) enjoys his paycheck a little too much.
^This. She knows if another woman ever gets their claws into her little boy they would put a stop to her riding the gravy train. I mean, would any wife allow their MIL to control their finances? No.

That is just CRAZY! Screw the fact that he's 400 lbs, the whole relationship w/ this mother is way more off-putting to me.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:21 PM

42,628 posts, read 44,101,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Don't have any advice Jeepgirl but seems to me you are being considerate to him and I think you are ok because of it.

Back in the day as a young pup being in bands alot of my fellow band mates and stuff often ridiculed women by their looks,and I was kind of alright with a heavier woman if it happened.On night after a gig a "chunky" girl hit on me and she had chunk in the right places for my likes but due to peer pressure from my mates I let her pass by.I regret that now.

Latter I adopted a FU whatever you think attitude and listened to myself first...
Sometimes its the right way to think...too many other opinions...I let a guy go because he was short. He was nice and treated me right. What the hell way I thinking.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:22 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,400,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Oh gawd! Coming to your local theater soon, Psycho III, co-starring the Big Tuna from Florida and JeepGirl. Let's keep it pure fiction, okay?
I want a NEW Big Tuna. Threw that one back out to sea!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:30 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,400,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Sometimes its the right way to think...too many other opinions...I let a guy go because he was short. He was nice and treated me right. What the hell way I thinking.
LOL, yanno, I seem to be experimenting with all different angles here lately . . this one may quite possibly have made shorter men seem a bit more appealing and it MAY have broadened my horizons. By shorter men, I mean by lowering my "requirement" to my height and taller instead of just 6'+. I can't go shorter than I am.

Haha - TVSG is worried about the girls who ask about Naked Twister. Men, watch out - I'm coming right atcha' to ask who controls your bank account!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:33 PM

10,996 posts, read 11,444,255 times
Quote:
I want a NEW Big Tuna. Threw that one back out to sea!
Free Willy.

(Sorry I couldn't resist)

Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Go to the ABC website and watch the online episodes of "Dating in the Dark" and tell me if you still believe that.

I prefer "gravitationally enhanced."
Shut up! lol Drover im not so bad where i can't walk or run.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
LOL, yanno, I seem to be experimenting with all different angles here lately . . this one may quite possibly have made shorter men seem a bit more appealing and it MAY have broadened my horizons. By shorter men, I mean by lowering my "requirement" to my height and taller instead of just 6'+. I can't go shorter than I am.

Haha - TVSG is worried about the girls who ask about Naked Twister. Men, watch out - I'm coming right atcha' to ask who controls your bank account!
I think tvsg has account with his momma too. lol Jeep you had it hard...I really wish you well in the future. As for me I'm trying to learn to just accept people for what they are...yet don't let it go bad for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships