Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 627 times

Advertisements

I 've just recently met and fallen deeply irrevocably in love with my soul mate. We're compatible in every way possible way except size wise. I'm only 5'0" tall and 164 lbs. He's 6'2" and obese at probably 350 lbs. He did suffer from knee surgery and had both replaced. I simply can't imagine my life without him in it; he enlightens me in every way. I can look past the weight issue though the thought of somehow losing him prematurely due to health issues plagues me constantly. And I'm feeling censorship from my adult daughter due to his weight issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 07:06 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisteBleue57 View Post
I 've just recently met and fallen deeply irrevocably in love with my soul mate. We're compatible in every way possible way except size wise. I'm only 5'0" tall and 164 lbs. He's 6'2" and obese at probably 350 lbs. He did suffer from knee surgery and had both replaced. I simply can't imagine my life without him in it; he enlightens me in every way. I can look past the weight issue though the thought of somehow losing him prematurely due to health issues plagues me constantly. And I'm feeling censorship from my adult daughter due to his weight issue.
Glad to hear that you're happy with him, but sorry to hear that you're worried over his health issues.

As far as your daughter goes, what she thinks is irrelevant, as long as really love the guy. All that matter is how you feel.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
What if you suggested that *you both* do something physical? Just randomly. Let's go for a hike Saturday...or whatever. Let's get a Starbucks and just wander the farmer's market for an hour or two. Anything that gets you guys on your feet.

When asked about having dinner or lunch or whatever, you could suggest some place that has lots of veggie and low-cal dishes or whatever. Again, not like that, per se. But maybe "You know, I'm trying to watch my weight and get a bit more energy, what if we get a nice big Greek salad at (wherever)?"

You could even put in at some point, "You know...I'm trying very hard to get down to a healthy weight. It is SO much easier if I have you on my side. Would you be willing to make changes with me?"

It will probably be transparent. But at the same time, you're sparing him the humiliation of "the talk." And until you're at a healthy BMI (I am sorry to put it this way) you're not in a position to say he should get healthy or to give him health advice. But...you can do it together. Feel him out. See if he's on board. If he has been wanting to lose weight, he will probably try to follow your lead. If he just doesn't want to, you'll know that too, and then you'll have a decision to make. You'll at that point need to accept him not just at this weight but probably, as time goes by, at higher and higher weights. Because the simple fact is that people who significantly overeat don't necessarily stay in stasis, especially as they get older and more inactive. They tend to keep gaining. Think about this and then maybe see if he wants to do healthy stuff as a couple.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-09-2018 at 07:28 PM..

Old 03-09-2018, 07:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
The last time JeepGirl posted was in 2016...JG...are you still out there?? I'd love to know what happened. Yeah, admittedly I have no life, and am avoiding finishing a freelance project.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,686,150 times
Go for it OP! I got sold when you said he wants to lose weight. It's just healthy,

Old 03-10-2018, 06:03 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
This was posted in 2009. Anyone know what ever happened with the OP?

Old 03-10-2018, 06:13 AM

61,711 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Last update about her personal life:
Update: My time away
At this point it doesn't sounds too great:
No! No! No! No! No! No way!
Hope things are much better now...

Old 03-10-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Last update about her personal life:
Update: My time away
At this point it doesn't sounds too great:
No! No! No! No! No! No way!
Hope things are much better now...
Definitely! 8 years is enough time to get one's life in order.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:34 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
At 5'0" and weighing 164 lbs, I'm pretty sure that falls into the obese range too. The two of you could work on a diet and exercise plan together - they work so much better with a partner.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
At 5'0" and weighing 164 lbs, I'm pretty sure that falls into the obese range too. The two of you could work on a diet and exercise plan together - they work so much better with a partner.
A 5'0" woman should weigh around 100-115 lbs. Those measurements are a BMI of 32, which is obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships