Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM

943 posts, read 2,280,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Same here! I wished I had become a Born-Again Christian at 18 or 19 instead of at 32 (last year). I would had never started drinking at 22 (like I did), go to bars (like I did at 22), and live in Arizona (wished I was back in Texas and married my high school sweetheart instead).
Yep me too.

I have a lot of other regrets..

wouldnt have moved here three years ago.

May not have married.

would have chosen different career.

if I knew even medically what was wrong with me, I could have avoided disability but I didnt find out in time.

Romans 8 says that Christians life is supposed to turn out for best, but that one is sometimes hard for me because of how things can go. Try to keep the faith though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,961 times
In 1966 my little brother was 11 years old.He called me wanting to come out and spend a few weeks with me in California and learn to surf. But I was "too busy." During those few weeks that he should have been with me my little brother was murdered at an Arbys restaurant in Gary Indiana. Truth is i wasnt busy at all. Just didnt feel like putting up with my little brother. And was afraid he would cut into my partying time. I should have sent him a plane ticket. I still think of him EVERY DAY!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
In 1966 my little brother was 11 years old.He called me wanting to come out and spend a few weeks with me in California and learn to surf. But I was "too busy." During those few weeks that he should have been with me my little brother was murdered at an Arbys restaurant in Gary Indiana. Truth is i wasnt busy at all. Just didnt feel like putting up with my little brother. And was afraid he would cut into my partying time. I should have sent him a plane ticket. I still think of him EVERY DAY!
Good God, Dan! That is just horrible.

But, it was not your fault. It was NOT your fault!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,206 times
Quote:

OMG!! I'm so sorry for what happened to your little brother. That's just sad. If only (we all think that way when something bad happened and we just didn't think about it). How we used to think when we were younger, huh? We never knew what might or could happen.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
I can almost tell you the date. It was late November, 1999, and I was looking at a stock quotation for a company that had undergone a really rock couple of years after the corporate CEO was caught cooking the books. The new CEO, however, was a crackerjack guy who had serious business chops.

The stock's price was $0.05 a share. I remember looking at that and thinking, "You know, the physical assets are worth a lot more than that." I came ttttthhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiissssssss close to plunking down $5,000 on those stocks.

The name of the company was HealthSouth. Today, it's at $15.00 a share. Two years ago, it was trading at $28.00. That means I would have parlayed that $5,000 investment into $1.5 million at least, even $2.8 million. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself over that.

Other than that, I think I've made wise decisions in my life.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:53 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
...to a particular moment in your life and be able to change it, that being for good or bad, what would it be and why?

should have worn a condom. haha

Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,480,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I can almost tell you the date. It was late November, 1999, and I was looking at a stock quotation for a company that had undergone a really rock couple of years after the corporate CEO was caught cooking the books. The new CEO, however, was a crackerjack guy who had serious business chops.

The stock's price was $0.05 a share. I remember looking at that and thinking, "You know, the physical assets are worth a lot more than that." I came ttttthhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiissssssss close to plunking down $5,000 on those stocks.

The name of the company was HealthSouth. Today, it's at $15.00 a share. Two years ago, it was trading at $28.00. That means I would have parlayed that $5,000 investment into $1.5 million at least, even $2.8 million. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself over that.

Other than that, I think I've made wise decisions in my life.
I know exactly how you feel! Many years ago I had a chance to buy into an IPO and turned it down. It was for a little startup company called SNAPPLE!

Old 09-08-2009, 11:00 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
I know exactly how you feel! Many years ago I had a chance to buy into an IPO and turned it down. It was for a little startup company called SNAPPLE!

Peach tea Snapple............YUM

Old 09-08-2009, 11:01 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,147,995 times
I would have driven to see my old boss, who was like a father to me and told him I loved him, rather than go into the office which I did.
he died that night and I never got the chance. in real life.

I go to his grave sometimes and tell him and i hope he is looking down. he taught me everything i know and i hope he is proud.(we worked togther for 18 years)

His passing taught me one last lesson amongst many- never leave it to late to say what you want to.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,049 times
I would've taken college more seriously. I was in a program my senior year of high school that allowed me to go to the local college for half the day to start taking classes for a degree. Well not only was I lazy back then, but I was dating a controlling douchebag that prevented me from focusing on what Iiiiii wanted. Needless to say that was in 2000-2001. I JUST now got my associates a year ago and am on my way towards trying to finish my bachelors starting in the spring.....

I really wish I would've worked harder at the community college and gotten my associates earlier and then gone to the 4 year college and LIVED there and had the experience of a university. (I sort of did for like a semester, lived there and went to school there, but at that point I was already 21 and already felt like one of the "old people" on campus :P)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships