Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 AM

6 posts, read 11,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I would've let my now ex-husband keep going the first time he left when my son was instead of 6 years later. Would've been much easier to start over at 30. Instead I was miserable for six more years. Eh, live and learn.
You can still start over now! Its never too late. Not sure if you have anyone in your life now but you can still have everything you wanted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 03:13 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
For me it would be not paying any mind to some of the dumb women I dated and steering straight for my wife with out any barriers or distractions.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:22 PM

6 posts, read 11,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I would've let my now ex-husband keep going the first time he left when my son was instead of 6 years later. Would've been much easier to start over at 30. Instead I was miserable for six more years. Eh, live and learn.

Its never too late. You can still start over and have everything you want. Not sure if you have someone in your life but you should have no trouble finding someone to start over with.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:45 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
...to a particular moment in your life and be able to change it, that being for good or bad, what would it be and why?

Lisa B. in high school.Girl had a major crush on me and really made it be known yet I being unbelievable shy and naive I blew it sooooo bad with her.She was built like I like em to,they use to call her "chester".

In my 20's I burned a few bridges also not by being shy but by being a complete dick sometimes.

Man if I had a time machine I'd go back and grab my skinny young self and slap some sense into meI'd also leave a note to myself to stay home on July 4th 1992 to avoid meeting the heartbreak that would leave a ever lasting impression on me although then again part of life is dealing with the blows also right? so maybe I'd just let fate go it's business.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times
I would have never married my ex-husband.

We got married too soon and we had absolutely nothing in common. Plus out of the 12 months and 1 day we were "officially married "we saw each other 3 times due to both of us being in different branches of the Military ( Me - Army , Him - Navy ).

Old 09-14-2009, 05:02 PM

302 posts, read 885,384 times
I would have studied abroad, taken advantage of intern opportunities, and done a major that was more suited to what I want to do with my life.

Instead, I have a college experience filled with beer bong records and dance parties. Sometimes I wouldn't change a thing

Old 09-14-2009, 06:21 PM

255 posts, read 694,832 times
My first love dumped me and told me things had gotten "dead". It took me years to realize that I should have communicated with her every single time I was with her, should have not taken her for granted, and should not have discouraged her from becoming a Flight Attendant. I thought I was mature and cool, but I wasn't. I was an idiot.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:41 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
There are several things but I try to look forward, not back.

First, I wish I had realized my dad only had weeks left to live when diagnosed with cancer.

Secondly, I wish I had gone backpacking around Europe with my girlfriend rather than flying to England to meet my husband. But then I guess I wouldn't have two wonderful babies, so..

The list goes on and on, but dwelling on the past too much, makes it pretty hard to look at the future with much optimism don't you think?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
There are several things but I try to look forward, not back.

First, I wish I had realized my dad only had weeks left to live when diagnosed with cancer.

Secondly, I wish I had gone backpacking around Europe with my girlfriend rather than flying to England to meet my husband. But then I guess I wouldn't have two wonderful babies, so..

The list goes on and on, but dwelling on the past too much, makes it pretty hard to look at the future with much optimism don't you think?
Quite true. I reflect on the past, realizing that is what it makes me today. Meaning I have learned from mistakes and choices. Its is what has got me to where I am at now.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:00 AM

323 posts, read 806,590 times
I would have not started dating the guy I'm with now, as I'm totally not over my ex (new realization for me)...nor would I have asked the guy I'm with now to move in with me (happened before that lovely realization) , which is supposed to happen next week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships