Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
A elderly lady once asked me if I was Black. I mean seriously, I couldn't pass if you paid me.

Twice I've been asked if I was part-Asian. That was pretty amazing, as I do have some Chinese ancestry but really do not look it.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie Love 71 View Post
Apparently people are very comfortable with me, because I'm asked all kinds of unusual and borderline rude questions. Like easterner DC..I'm often asked "what are you" or "what are you mixed with"...and I'm just plain black. Is that your hair or a weave/wig? Why are you single, and when I answer, it's followed with "then what's wrong with you".

This isn't a question...but one day an elderly man walked up to me and told me I was "slipping" because my toes and finger nails didn't match. I don't care if my polish doesn't match...I only care that it's not chipped and sloppy looking. The old man suggested I either paint them all the same color or remove the polish all together. As he was walking away, annoyed with what I'd done, he said 'women don't take care of themselves like they used to'. I thought that was a little weird.
CL, what is "just plain black?"

Old 09-08-2009, 10:15 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
I had a guy ask me if he could lick my toes... LOL NOT kidding. It was a first AND last date too!!! LOL

Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I had a guy ask me if he could lick my toes... LOL NOT kidding. It was a first AND last date too!!! LOL

What happened after the Toe lickin'???

Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
"¿Donde esta Brooklyn?"
Where is Brooklyn?

Our subway car stopped unexpectedly in NYC and the announcer said the tracks ahead were blocked. So, we had to get off that train and figure out another way to get to where we were going.

There were passengers all over the platform and uniformed transit police, etc. It was very crowded. I very small Hispanic man walked across the platform and asked me in Spanish "Where is Brooklyn?"

Here's the odd part of it. I was a tourist from Texas. I am very blonde and somewhat pale due to Dutch/Danish ancestry. There is no way someone would think that I speak Spanish. However, I do. I also knew that someone could walk up one level and catch a certain line and get to Brooklyn. I had been to NYC enough that I always had a subway map with me.

So, how did he know to ask me? Why did he pick me out of all the other people?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:57 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
"¿Donde esta Brooklyn?"
Where is Brooklyn?

Our subway car stopped unexpectedly in NYC and the announcer said the tracks ahead were blocked. So, we had to get off that train and figure out another way to get to where we were going.

There were passengers all over the platform and uniformed transit police, etc. It was very crowded. I very small Hispanic man walked across the platform and asked me in Spanish "Where is Brooklyn?"

Here's the odd part of it. I was a tourist from Texas. I am very blonde and somewhat pale due to Dutch/Danish ancestry. There is no way someone would think that I speak Spanish. However, I do. I also knew that someone could walk up one level and catch a certain line and get to Brooklyn. I had been to NYC enough that I always had a subway map with me.

So, how did he know to ask me? Why did he pick me out of all the other people?
It might surprise you to learn Bay Ridge, Brooklyn has an annual Miss Norway Parade.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:01 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,323,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
It might surprise you to learn Bay Ridge, Brooklyn has an annual Miss Norway Parade.
My father was from Brooklyn but I sure did not know about the parade.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:05 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,643,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
What happened after the Toe lickin'???

I let him! NO NO NO JUST Kidding!! Well, after I looked at him like this , I said no, absolutely not and you really must be out of your mind if you really just thought I'd actually let you.. I then told him I was leaving, after he of course was all sorts of apologetic and I told him if he followed me outside I'd be sure to make sure he didn't walk comfortably back in the building LOL

Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
I mentioned this in a post several months ago but--The strangest thing I have been asked is-- a nun asked me if I would have sex with her!!!!!!!!!!! No I didnt!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,476 times
When i had my LONGGGGG hair dyed black (And it was summer so I was tan) I had a lady walking behind me ask "Do you have any American Indian in you????"

(I'm half Lithuanian, quarter Norwegian and quarter German! LOL)

OH, and when I had that black hair at my CURRENT job I CONSTANTLY had hispanic people asking if I spoke Spanish....... Now that my hair is back to my natural color I NEVER get asked by them if I speak spanish! I don't look hispanic at ALL! :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships