Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm talking about if a person gets a better option. You have a date scheduled and then something better comes along forcing you to make a phony excuse
A better option? No I've not had that happen, but I can certainly see where it could. But the "better option", in my view, would most likely be something family related. And in that case, I would simply tell the person that an unplanned family event has come up that I really want to attend, and I would ask to reschedule. No big deal, and no reason why it should be - for either party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 01:07 PM

454 posts, read 688,597 times
uh oh...someone used the 'friends in town' excuse with me today. Being that its a holiday and all.

Im starting to find it amusing how supposedly grown, succesful men find it so hard to just say whats what. I guess its perhaps an American thing?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:07 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
A better option? No I've not had that happen, but I can certainly see where it could. But the "better option", in my view, would most likely be something family related. And in that case, I would simply tell the person that an unplanned family event has come up that I really want to attend, and I would ask to reschedule. No big deal, and no reason why it should be - for either party.
Cancellations are fine as long as it's not the same day. I have never done that to any girl I scheduled a date with.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:13 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Cancellations are fine as long as it's not the same day. I have never done that to any girl I scheduled a date with.
No, I wasn't talking about a same-day cancellation. I can't imagine anything other than illness or an emergency, or being called into work.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
No, I wasn't talking about a same-day cancellation. I can't imagine anything other than illness or an emergency, or being called into work.
Well women do it all the time. When a woman does a same day cancellation the man must be understanding, if a guy does it then he is a FLAKE or a LYING JERK

Old 09-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
even those dont count. What are the odds of one being so sick they cannot leave their bed, or being called into work on a Saturday night on the same date and time of the arranged meeting?

Its very easy to read between the lines, yet some men get upset at me when I bring it out. And then make me look like Im trippin or over-reacting? No its been that way all the while.

Alot of people have an idea to avoid 'drama' by making up a plausible excuse. What they dont get is those excuses are as common as water, and they may cause even more drama...

Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
even those dont count. What are the odds of one being so sick they cannot leave their bed, or being called into work on a Saturday night on the same date and time of the arranged meeting?

Its very easy to read between the lines, yet some men get upset at me when I bring it out. And then make me look like Im trippin or over-reacting? No its been that way all the while.

Alot of people have an idea to avoid 'drama' by making up a plausible excuse. What they dont get is those excuses are as common as water, and they may cause even more drama...
Exactly and from this point on, no woman will never be able to tell me these excuses on the same day of a date

Family Emergency
Friends Visting from out of Town
Sick
Work Late
Family Drama

I will call her a lying B*** and hang up the phone

Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Exactly and from this point on, no woman will never be able to tell me these excuses on the same day of a date

Family Emergency
Sick
Work Late
Family Drama

That will keep any potential relationship viable.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:

Family Emergency
Sick
Work Late
Family Drama

I would suggest you do exactly that. Notice how all of those sounds very bland. I find it sad too that Americans lack creativity so much that they use those same sorry lines. What they dont realize is it makes them look even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That will keep any potential relationship viable.
What relationship? The relationship was never there. Think about, every person who has said stuff like that say it cause they want to avoid him/her. They dont deserve another moment of attention.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I would suggest you do exactly that. Notice how all of those sounds very bland. I find it sad too that Americans lack creativity so much that they use those same sorry lines. What they dont realize is it makes them look even worse.

What relationship? The relationship was never there. Think about, every person who has said stuff like that say it cause they want to avoid him/her. They dont deserve another moment of attention.

Here are some other ones

Medical school Midterm
Going back home to Visit Family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships