Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:15 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

So as some of you know I separated from my bf of 4.5 years. I moved back down to Miami 8/26. It's very odd because it's almost like we never dated at all. I had to speak with him the day after I came back home and he was extremly rude to me. It was almost as if I never knew this person at all. I was completely shocked and appalled at the way he spoke to me and what he said to me. Communication is via text or email and on a very needed only basis...

I really thought I would be devastated by this whole thing but I'm completely not. I have realized now how much I really did in the relationship and am completely shocked that I actually did put up with all that and for so long. It's truly as if a huge weight and responsibility has been lifted off my shoulers and I'm free. It's nice again to be chased and desired..I guess I forgot what it was like and that it's nice to be pursued instead of being the constant pursuer especially in your own relationship!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I do not know any of your situation but I wish you well.
I would say have fun but not to jump into any new big relationship right away.

I imagine this new found 'freedom' must really feel good.

Sometimes people behave that way. Like I said, I do not know of your situation. He could be hurt or upset and taking it out on you. I have no idea.

Good luck in everything!!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
The person you leave is rarely the person you fell in love with. He is probably hurt and this is how he is handling it. Some people have to create a demon in their minds in order to get over someone. It's stupid and immature, but it is how they cope. It is also a sign of their true character; be glad it's over.

Be happy, enjoy your new found freedom.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So as some of you know I separated from my bf of 4.5 years. I moved back down to Miami 8/26. It's very odd because it's almost like we never dated at all. I had to speak with him the day after I came back home and he was extremly rude to me. It was almost as if I never knew this person at all. I was completely shocked and appalled at the way he spoke to me and what he said to me. Communication is via text or email and on a very needed only basis...

I really thought I would be devastated by this whole thing but I'm completely not. I have realized now how much I really did in the relationship and am completely shocked that I actually did put up with all that and for so long. It's truly as if a huge weight and responsibility has been lifted off my shoulers and I'm free. It's nice again to be chased and desired..I guess I forgot what it was like and that it's nice to be pursued instead of being the constant pursuer especially in your own relationship!!

Thank God you weren't married.

I am and it's been hell here.

I packed everything I want into my trailer and am setting a date now. Life cannot be that bad for me anymore.

Looking forward to being alone again.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:19 PM

748 posts, read 1,313,798 times
It is nice to be alone... although sometimes I do miss the friendship and familiarity... It is nice to start fresh again

Old 09-07-2009, 02:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Sounds like you made the right choice for yourself - good for you

Oh, and his behavior is just a self-protective survival response - it's a commone reaction.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:38 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,334 times
I am happy for you to realize that you deserve better.

I broke up with someone who was my best friend, I just could not deal with his drug use and anger management problems. After this break up, I wanted to stay his friend. He wanted nothing to do with me, talk to me, eat lunch, e-mail, anything. I don't even know where he lives now. It is like 5 years of a relationship meant nothing.

It makes me wary of other relationships now, after that.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:28 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Yes, I know that feeling of getting your life back. It's a great one.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The person you leave is rarely the person you fell in love with. He is probably hurt and this is how he is handling it. Some people have to create a demon in their minds in order to get over someone. It's stupid and immature, but it is how they cope. It is also a sign of their true character; be glad it's over.

Be happy, enjoy your new found freedom.
Or maybe this is the real person that they are. When someone is first in love, they are on their best behaviour. And the person that is in love with them, only sees their best traits and ignores their lesser ones. In the beginning of a romantic relationship, both parties tend to be wearing rose-coloured glasses. Then about 3- 5 years later, the realities start to surface. Maybe they even start taking each other's company for granted.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:

Well girly, we've talked off line, you know how I feel - you did the right thing. You are already feeling better and you can tell your spirit is up. So, good choice and in time it will just get better and better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships