Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:39 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times

Advertisements

Most people to be in a relationship with someone with their own kind.

For example: Asians with Asians, Caucasian with Caucasians, etc.

Is there anyone here that have been in a interracial relationship and how did that turn out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,263 times
I have been in several. Of course none of them worked out because I am now single, but it was not because of race. I have always been someone who is very open minded, so race has never been an issue for me. In addition, my friends have always been of every race and color so I am lucky to have been exposed to so many other cultures. Even in my own family, there is a mix of different cultures. I have relative who are Chinese, Scottish, and Irish in addition to my varied background of being Puerto Rican, Mexican and Native American.

I don't really understand people who limit themselves when it comes to race. I think it may have something to do with how someone is raised and wanting approval from their family. But I think regardless of what anyone thought, if I met the right person, that would be it for me. Life is too short to have limits like that.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
I have been in several. Of course none of them worked out because I am now single, but it was not because of race. I have always been someone who is very open minded, so race has never been an issue for me. In addition, my friends have always been of every race and color so I am lucky to have been exposed to so many other cultures. Even in my own family, there is a mix of different cultures. I have relative who are Chinese, Scottish, and Irish in addition to my varied background of being Puerto Rican, Mexican and Native American.

I don't really understand people who limit themselves when it comes to race. I think it may have something to do with how someone is raised and wanting approval from their family. But I think regardless of what anyone thought, if I met the right person, that would be it for me. Life is too short to have limits like that.
You have a lot more then in when the ethicity is same. Food, language, religion, clothes etc.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Most people to be in a relationship with someone with their own kind.

For example: Asians with Asians, Caucasian with Caucasians, etc.

Is there anyone here that have been in a interracial relationship and how did that turn out?
Most people? Really? Is that why there are so many people who claim multiple heritages?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Most people? Really? Is that why there are so many people who claim multiple heritages?
Germans and Italians dating = Caucasians.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:56 PM

358 posts, read 982,975 times
Doesn't make a bit of difference to me what a girl's ethnicity is. As long as we connect, it's good.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:57 PM

I think Men like to date other cultures more then Women. Must be the family pressure?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Germans and Italians dating = Caucasians.
I've known more mixed race couples than I can even count. I wouldn't say most but to answer your question, no, I've never rejected anyone b'c of ethnicity.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:58 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,263 times
Quote:
You have a lot more then in when the ethicity is same. Food, language, religion, clothes etc.
You have lot more in common, you mean? I don't think that is necessarily so. I like art, philosophy, writing, acting, nature, hiking, and traveling. Connecting to someone on a deeper intelectual and spiritual level is much more important to me, than saying - well he grew up eating Mexican food, and he knows some Spanish just like me. Big deal.

I like meeting people who are different. I am not intimidated by that at all. Some people are. That's not to say I don't date men from my own background, because I do. But I don't limit myself by that.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
I actually prefer to date interracially. My most recent interracial relationship ended after about a year, but race was not the problem. I'm from a big city, so I don't think anyone really cares, and if they did have a problem with it, they didn't make it known to us. And he and I got along just fine. Race was never an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships