U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 PM

3,258 posts, read 8,015,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
One way.....................because I'm not good looking.
I don't really think chemistry has so much to do with whether someone is good looking. Btw, there's someone
out there for every one.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 PM

651 posts, read 573,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Btw, there's someone
out there for every one.
Old cliché.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM

5,636 posts, read 8,613,540 times
Quote:
Has there been someone you had this crazy sexual or emotional connection with, so much so that it interfered with your day to day life?

I was wondering if anyone has experienced such a thing and if you all would share how you dealt with it.
Yes, I had to marry the guy and that still wasn't enough for us. So we quit our jobs (8 hours a day is too much time apart) and started a business, so we could spend most waking moments together attached at the hip. We are freaks. 15 years later and I still frequently want to jump his bones at the office, but we try to limit that to outside the office.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM

5,356 posts, read 16,279,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think there is such a thing as too much lust initially, which can distract you from getting to know each other mentally and emotionally. Ideally you have this lust or chemistry and you can sustain (and maybe contain) that while getting to know each other.
+1

That describes a friend. There's so much there that she ignores all the warning signs he put out and was out to prove her friends wrong (just knew her love would change him). She broke up with him at least 3 times (changing locks and phone numbers), only to get back together with him. Hopefully, they've broken up for the last time as it sounds like he'll be gong back to jail in another city.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:22 PM

3,044 posts, read 3,985,218 times
Her name's Joannie. Saucer eyes that suck your soul into the vortex, five foot nothing with one leg shorter,
smokes, drinks, and likes pit bulls. Small space ship on lawn. Obviously from another planet.......and yet, when she calls, I can't......resist.
If I could explain this I'd be a psychiatrist on TV. And I don't have age as an excuse.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 PM

18,856 posts, read 31,550,552 times
Quote:
Has there been someone you had this crazy sexual or emotional connection with, so much so that it interfered with your day to day life?

I was wondering if anyone has experienced such a thing and if you all would share how you dealt with it.
Yes, and it was insanity. The relationship was addictive and not healthy at all. And even 25 years later, the physical presence of this person still has that intoxicating effect. There is nothing like it. It is like a drug.

How I dealt with it? I can't remember how I managed to function. This person was everything. I am glad I ended the roller coaster ride and moved back to reality and normal, not addicting relationships.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 AM

1,841 posts, read 2,494,572 times
Yeah, I didn't handle it well. Try to be easy going, not all uptight like you just hit the lottery and are paranoid someone will take the ticket from you!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 PM

142 posts, read 355,643 times
I've got it right now with the guy I'm dating. INTENSE attraction and amazing chemistry, but it's mainly physical. Emotionally, he has kept his distance, and I've intentionally kept mine from him. It drives me insane, but the thought of not seeing him anymore seems even worse.

I finally told myself to just chill, and enjoy the hell out of what I've got with this guy, whatever the hell it is... He just texted me about an hour ago to make dinner plans for tomorrow night, and now I've got that happy, "floaty" feeling. Tomorrow, I'm going to be such a space-case, knowing I'm going to see him in the evening... but I love those hours leading up to our dates, and the anticipation of what's to come...

Only trouble... when we go our separate ways after seeing each other, I feel intensely depressed afterwards. It's like doing cocaine (maybe not the best metaphor, but accurate). I feel incredibly happy, energetic and high when I'm with him... but when I "come down" it's terrible. It takes me a couple days just to feel normal again.

I don't know why he's got such a hold on me, just that I can't help how I feel, I can't stop thinking about him, and I can't wait till I get to see him again...

Old 04-01-2013, 05:29 PM

19,622 posts, read 14,563,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkV View Post
I've got it right now with the guy I'm dating. INTENSE attraction and amazing chemistry, but it's mainly physical. Emotionally, he has kept his distance, and I've intentionally kept mine from him. It drives me insane, but the thought of not seeing him anymore seems even worse.

I finally told myself to just chill, and enjoy the hell out of what I've got with this guy, whatever the hell it is... He just texted me about an hour ago to make dinner plans for tomorrow night, and now I've got that happy, "floaty" feeling. Tomorrow, I'm going to be such a space-case, knowing I'm going to see him in the evening... but I love those hours leading up to our dates, and the anticipation of what's to come...

Only trouble... when we go our separate ways after seeing each other, I feel intensely depressed afterwards. It's like doing cocaine (maybe not the best metaphor, but accurate). I feel incredibly happy, energetic and high when I'm with him... but when I "come down" it's terrible. It takes me a couple days just to feel normal again.

I don't know why he's got such a hold on me, just that I can't help how I feel, I can't stop thinking about him, and I can't wait till I get to see him again...
Sounds like a drug and a powerful one at that. Ive had a couple of relationships where the women was like that. Felt like she held all the cards Are you his only woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships