U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:37 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,130,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha1133 View Post
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Aaaaand....I would like to report that the weekend went well. we didn't have any fights and we even went to watch a concert Friday night, I bought him flowers and a teddy bear, which i know is usually unconventional for a woman but, it seemed to work great, he found it really sweet and it seemed to set the mood for the weekend. we spent the whole of Saturday at home just cuddling and on Sunday we went to the pictures and watched a film. Things are going so much better than I expected.
That's awesome! Glad to hear things went so well for the both of you!

I'll tell ya something real quick, about flowers and teddy bears. Once, when we were going through rough times, my ex bought me a stuffed tiger. (Don't know why a tiger, but whatever..) It was so unexpected and different that that one thing really struck me hard. We made up and all that.. but ya know what? I still have that tiger. Actually, I still keep it on top of the same bookcase where I first put it. Occasionally, she'll ask me if I still have it, and for some reason, it always makes her laugh when I tell her I do.

It's those little, unexpected things that really touch people.

I think you two will be fine.. I'm really glad to hear that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 11:06 AM

6,023 posts, read 13,086,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha1133 View Post
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Aaaaand....I would like to report that the weekend went well. we didn't have any fights and we even went to watch a concert Friday night, I bought him flowers and a teddy bear, which i know is usually unconventional for a woman but, it seemed to work great, he found it really sweet and it seemed to set the mood for the weekend. we spent the whole of Saturday at home just cuddling and on Sunday we went to the pictures and watched a film. Things are going so much better than I expected.
I think unconventional is awesome. It's a really good way to surprise your partner and add excitement back into a relationship. It's like when my husband does the dishes or laundry (and folds and puts it away!) when it's usually me that does it. It makes me go all soft and giddy for him. Once when he was out of town I took his car in and had it all checked-up and detailed AND I bought him some new tires. (It helped that I knew the brand of tires that he liked...) He came home and not only was he surprised (I'm an automotive idiot... lol The cars are usually HIS thing...) But he went weak in the knees, too.

Anyway - I'm so happy to hear you guys are on an upswing. Isn't it awesome what a little thoughtfulness, creativity, and kindness can do? Even a little bit goes a long way. It's when we forget this that the dips happen... so it's just important to keep on it.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM

36 posts, read 52,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
That's awesome! Glad to hear things went so well for the both of you!

I'll tell ya something real quick, about flowers and teddy bears. Once, when we were going through rough times, my ex bought me a stuffed tiger. (Don't know why a tiger, but whatever..) It was so unexpected and different that that one thing really struck me hard. We made up and all that.. but ya know what? I still have that tiger. Actually, I still keep it on top of the same bookcase where I first put it. Occasionally, she'll ask me if I still have it, and for some reason, it always makes her laugh when I tell her I do.

It's those little, unexpected things that really touch people.

I think you two will be fine.. I'm really glad to hear that!
you know, that's funny because, when we first stared dating i gave him a stuffed tiger too, but the tiger had a martials arts jacket and an arnis stick. (my husband is a mixed martial artist on the side, he does it as a hobby) It just brought back memories.

Again, thank you very much for all the help and rational advice, it really helped me focus when i had none at all. I cannot thank you enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or