Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times

Advertisements

Thats fine as long as I get : a maid, a house, my own misters, all his money to spend as I wish, vacations, at least 2 cars, a summer home, a flat in europe and hmmm...what else.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
Woof,

Just give up and become a lesbian. Seriously. If you are this jaded that you are talking about happy endings, prostitutes and picking out mistresses I think its safe to say you need to move on to greener pastures.

I'm on your side Woof! But seriously, why put yourself through the torture! There are men out there that can be faithful! And women too, just saying.

To answer your question, Hell to the No would I ever pick out a mistress for anyone especially my husband. The only thing I'm picking out for my future husband, is some groceries and some clothes if he lets me. None of this mistress, happy ending business. WHY? Seriously, why? If you have to resort that low to save a marriage, there is NO MARRIAGE to save. Its gone. Finito. Buy bye. Cya later. Hasta lavista. G-O-N-E. The train has left the station and it is not coming back ... ever.

*Sigh*
Exactamundo. You nailed it.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
In the past, a smart woman would sometimes choose a mistress for her husband in order to keep him happy and feed his sexual appetite. Sometimes the wife would even present the mistress with gifts to make sure this mistress was satisfied with the arrangement. This gave the wife control over who her husband was sleeping with.
Im still trying to get this part. Where do you get this crap?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I suppose people who hold themselves in low regard would allow their husbands to have a mistress.

Why would this 'save a marriage?' The guy has 2 women and what does the wife get...? To keep a guy who has another girl she chose??

I would love to see the married ladies answer this vs. you single girls (trying to be 'with it' doesn't seem to be helping score a 'real guy in real life'.).

Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
Save a marriage with sex? I don't think so. If a man loves his wife her body is his paradise and he should not need another woman.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:53 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
In the past, a smart woman would sometimes choose a mistress for her husband in order to keep him happy and feed his sexual appetite. Sometimes the wife would even present the mistress with gifts to make sure this mistress was satisfied with the arrangement. This gave the wife control over who her husband was sleeping with.

Yoko Ono did this for John Lennon. She picked out a mistress (May Pang) for him when they were going through marital problems.

Would you ever consider something like this? I think it's an interesting concept. It means you can pick someone whom your husband is not going to become romantically involved with and it allows you to keep tabs on what's going on, thereby, ensuring the marriage stays intact.

W.
Makes me think of the movie, The Other Boleyn Girl. Interesting.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Well isn't it better than your husband going out and having an affair with the risk that he might fall in LOVE with another woman?
I think it would be better if he had the affair and left (preferably in reverse, tho). Either way, as long as 'leaving' was a part of the equation.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
As a man my reaction to this question for the females: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have avoided and will avoid all this possible drama by not ever getting married TAKING AWAY any so-called "-power" away from any female and the anti-male laws that go with her towards me.

Ghostly "drama-less" living is the life for me.

This forum makes me glad I live my life on my terms and not by someone else's "rules".

Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 PM

107 posts, read 285,402 times
Honestly, there is no way in hades I would do that. It isn't just a moral issue anymore, it is a health issue. If my husband wanted another woman, I would tell him dont let the door hit you as you leave. And that's on a good day.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
Quote:
Well isn't it better than your husband going out and having an affair with the risk that he might fall in LOVE with another woman?
Isn't that always a risk? Choosing the mistress doesn't insure ANYTHING as far as that goes. I couldn't do it.

I'd be more likely, if someday I remarry and can't have sex or REALLY don't have the desire to do so, that would tell him to go find someone and not ever tell me about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships