Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 09:48 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,369,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Ahhh you know, the stupid treadmill is not necessarily stupid for everyone and it's not necessarily a symbol of marriage and the carrot is not a sword.

I think the "editorial" comments in your posts are superfluous.

I consider myself to be extremely practical and more realistic than not most of the time but heck your posts sound so cranky and like you hate life.

Why such a negative outlook?
mebbe he's a troll? I'm going through the majority of people's posts, getting a feel for their outlook or general perspective on why they are responding, participating, or involving themselves in certain threads, I have found a few people that thrive particularly on boiling peoples nerves, or hitting raw spots, just to sit back and watch the chaos ensue. I chose to stay out of this one for that reason alone. It's why I won't post in "Are relationships really necessary" either ~ lol

there are good positive people in life, and good positive experiences. everything and everyone else that drags you down is just noise~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 09:54 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,197,553 times
They are in the forum!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,156,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Kitten View Post
mebbe he's a troll? I'm going through the majority of people's posts, getting a feel for their outlook or general perspective on why they are responding, participating, or involving themselves in certain threads, I have found a few people that thrive particularly on boiling peoples nerves, or hitting raw spots, just to sit back and watch the chaos ensue. I chose to stay out of this one for that reason alone. It's why I won't post in "Are relationships really necessary" either ~ lol

there are good positive people in life, and good positive experiences. everything and everyone else that drags you down is just noise~
I didn't think about a troll. That poster has a few posts already, although this was only the 2nd one I saw today, and with that, it was the 2nd time I saw that name. It wasn't a thread starter either. Don't know where he/she has been hanging around otherwise.

I got burned a couple of times early in my CD career with some of those unbelievable and amazing posts that I also stay away from them now but I didn't think about that with this one. Think I'll be ignoring some posts on this thread too.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 PM

283 posts, read 1,384,189 times
The thing about women complaining about good men. Is that it mostly is something physical. If a man looks good physically then there is a chance he is more involved with himself than he ever will be with you.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 PM

799 posts, read 2,168,462 times
Default When someone has a diff opinion, that's negative?

Negative, positive, and then there is reality.......
And for all the wild stories out there, they are the exception, not the norm.
I am pragmatic, I know what its like to go up to someone in a Home Depot and find out his wife was down the aisle!
I don't do things like that anymore though...I figure, if a guy wants a date he will ask someone out.
But the guys in the stores are there, like me, to shop for what they need. I guess in some folks' worlds, one should be tapping a lot of shoulders in the store. Where I live, that just isn't done. People don't want strangers coming up to them.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,441,429 times
Lets see... The dating sites tell the women to go to the Home improvement stores, sporting good stores, golf clubs, etc. They tell the guys to go to wine tastings, theatre, museums, ballroom dance class, or other dance classes, and the only place both are told to try is the grocery store. So we are all out trying these other places to find Mr/Ms right and when we finially get tired we head to the store and buy junk food, while seeing a possibility. Then the possibilities SO comes around the corner... If your lucky to chat someone up they peek into your cart and..... BUSTED!

Then the dating site hits you up for 3 more months!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:02 AM

282 posts, read 526,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapalo View Post
Being in Atlanta for a while, I am very attractive, Kind, honest,loving romantic a Christian, and great morals..but unfortunately I always bump into wrong Men. They have almost the same qualities and I mean bad ones, but come in different packages. I am not dating anymore and I wonder why I am attracting such losers. I know there are Men also that attract bad women..why does this happen, and where can you meet great guy here in Atl..I am from DC..:
This is classic human irony. This happens to 99.9% of women. Why?
Attraction. Women are deep down on the foundational female level attracted to the "bad boy". The reason is that "bad boys" are seemingly more confident, strong (in some way- not necessarily emotionaly) and definately more MALE.
In their heads women like nice boys who are clean and do the right things but in their core women like men who are daring and a bit dangerous (so to speak).
Most women marry a guy who has all the wild qualities they love and they proceed to whittle him down to a nice-boy wuss who they end up resenting and cant figure out what happened to him..."he used to be so romantic...."

I cant stop laughing.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:15 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,306,510 times
Trying to figure out where to meet guys really isn't that much different than trying to figure out where to meet new friends - whether your intent is romantic or platonic.

A good match for you is someone who shares common interests. For example, if you like rock climbing and Scrabble, find groups or clubs for others who like those activities. You'll have a great time doing something you already love, and as a bonus, you might meet someone who enjoys the same hobby. If not, you still had a good time, and can possibly make a new friend or two.

You can never have too many friends. Besides - friends often have single friends they can introduce you to.

The important thing is to enjoy life, whether you're single, dating, engaged or married. When I met my husband, I had no intention of ever getting married. I was doing what I wanted, when I wanted. He told me then that one of the things that attracted him the most was that I didn't need him in my life to be happy - I wanted him to share my already happy life.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:39 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Cosmic you never cease to amaze me! You are a riot.

BTW.... I am a weekly, at minimum, shopper at Petsmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Publix, Costco, etc. Yes, those are my fun outings. I have NEVER, ever, run into anybody that is remotely interesting in those places. I do, however, get to see and hold and cuddle with the cutest pets at my favorite Petsmart!

Grocery stores. Those are the places that can get some people in trouble (but in a good way).
It gives some the creeps when we go into pet stores and the first thing I head for are the rats. I love the feeling of a rat crawling around my neck, cuddling up in my hair, climbing up my shirt. Sometimes I put a few crackers in my pocket and offer to them, they love me for life afterwards, lol.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 PM

799 posts, read 2,168,462 times
vpcats posted
think the "editorial" comments in your posts are superfluous.

I consider myself to be extremely practical and more realistic than not most of the time but heck your posts sound so cranky and like you hate life.

Why such a negative outlook?

So someone with a different view is "Cranky" or has a "negative outlook"? or, is a "troll"? Interesting. You're defending something here, but I'm not sure what it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships